BET À DAY
The number of hospitalizations linked to COVID-19 continues to climb on Friday, the day after the announcement of the start of the seventh wave of the virus in the province, with 1,549 occupied beds (+15).
Currently, 41 Quebecers with COVID-19 are in intensive care, up two from Thursday. Unfortunately, 17 people have succumbed to the disease in the last day.
Among those who have access to testing centers, there are 1,597 new infections while 558 rapid tests were positive on Thursday .
The most recent report from Public Health revealed that 7,310 health care workers are absent due to the virus.
THE SITUATION IN QUEBEC AS OF JULY 8, 2022
- 1,101,363 people infected (+1597*)
- 15,663 deaths (+17)
- 7310 healthcare workers absent for COVID-related reasons
- 1549 people hospitalized (+15)
- 41 people in intensive care (-2)
< li dir="auto">13,703 samples taken on July 5
- 243,233 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 201,857 positive: 635 declared for yesterday, including 558 positive.
* The number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centers is restricted to priority clienteles
*** For detailed results by region, visit the INSPQ website by clicking nt here.