The Swiss government has banned the holding of events in the country, a thousand people or more
2020 Geneva motor show officially canceled for the first time in 70 years. The Swiss government has issued a decree on prohibition of holding mass events, if they are going a thousand or more people. The cancellation of the dealership is the fear of the outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19, which is gradually fixed in Europe. In the country concerned by the situation and decided to protect its citizens. The ban will last until March 15.
Experts have called the most reliable cars in the world
“Given the current situation and the spread of coronavirus, the Federal Council described the situation in Switzerland as “special” from the point of view of the Law on epidemics,” said the government of Switzerland.
“We regret that the Geneva motor show in 2020 will be cancelled, but must obey the decree,” – said the representative of the press conference on Friday.
Show move will not, as the organizers say that the event “was too large to add.” It was originally expected that the show will begin next week and the first day was planned for the press on Tuesday, March 3.
See also the story of how and where the spread of the coronavirus:
Geneva motor show was planned a number of debuts, including the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Volkswagen Golf GTI and others. Some automakers have confirmed that will announce their new products in accordance with the plan on their websites and in press releases to the media.
Recall that previously submitted crossover of the new generation Kia Sorento 2020, which was show at the Geneva motor show 2020. Also at the auto show was supposed to debut hypercar Czinger 21C, created on a 3D printer, capable of speeds of 431 km/h.
All the details in a special topic Coronavirus
Subscribe to our telegram
Only the most important and interesting