Photographer Eugene Lyulko admits that at the festival she feels truly free
July 8, 08:43
Photographer Eugene Lyulko at Sziget celebrates its birthday
The loudest musical event of this summer – Sziget 2019, will be held 7-13 August in Budapest. For 25 years the festival has been there so many Ukrainian musicians and music lovers. “Today” in the framework of the special project “at Our Sziget” talked with a professional photographer Eugenia Lyulko, which for several consecutive years, celebrates its birthday.
The Ukrainians have celebrated a wedding in a party bus on the way to Sziget festival: how it was
– Evgenia, you are celebrating your birthday at the festival. How did this idea come from and why Sziget?
The first time I went there in 2015 – Sziget dates suddenly coincided with my birthday (August 10). Spontaneous, come and do not regret it, because it’s a celebration of love and freedom. I go to the festival as a photographer along with his fellow journalists. And honestly, can’t decide: is this a holiday or work. Somehow manages to combine.
Watch the video: Ukrainian stars have visited the festival of motor-fans
– What do you have to do at Sziget?
– To fully immerse in the festival atmosphere. In my program included a rise in 8-9 am, Breakfast under the supermarket that is close by, a glass of wine, and then shooting and concerts until the morning. To get the most from this festival, you have to kind of forget about the dream!
Sziget 2019 will be held 7-13 August in Budapest
– How to bring money?
– Go very sparingly: get on the train, and live in a tent. A ticket for the fest I’m not buying because I work as a photographer and I have accreditation. An average of one week, considering the road, food and entertainment goes $ 400.
– What advice would you give to people who go to Sziget for the first time?
– You need to relax and have fun. Be prepared that there’s dusty, dirty, turns, but you will love it! Among the 80-strong crowd finally feel like myself again.
Sziget is the festival of freedom
– Tell us about the most interesting stories related to Sziget?
First place – ridiculous. I loved The Subways, and they played at the end, that is, the forces are almost gone. Well, actually, I’m waiting for their release near the stage – I fell asleep. I woke up in the final. The second story is memorable. Walking around the island, I met with a company of friends that we usually meet at the hem. And we are all together in a huge chaise met one of the best sunrises in my life – on the banks of the Danube. In General, every day on the Sziget is a lot of stories and events that become a single whole. Concerts, people, theater, circus, workshops, wine, life in tents – all this worry.
The live music at Sziget
– What clothes to take with you to the festival?
– A minimum of things: very light clothes for the day, warm at night, because it can be cold. It is important to bring boots and raincoats – it’s gonna rain, respirators (dust protection) and a lot of drinking water.
– How much food and drinks to Sziget?
– I do not remember exactly, but in terms of our money water will cost 70-80 UAH, the food – from 200 UAH, but it fills you up. Wine approximately 90-100 UAH. Although I have a hack, due to what can be a good save 15 minutes from Sziget there is a big supermarket where you can skimp. By the way, the festival can be free to carry food and any drinks except alcohol.
Music fans at the Sziget
Recall that Sziget Festival has announced the last headliner line-up by 2019. Also “Today” wrote that at the Sziget 2019 will perform Alyona Alyona.
Read the most important and interesting news in our Telegram