Since the beginning of the summer, the tragedies are multiplying on the roads, and bodies of water in Québec, in particular because of the exceptional weather and the déconfinement. There are now nearly one death per day on the water, and a fatal accident motorcycle every two days.
Monday, June 29,
● A Montreal 79-year-old who tried to travel to Venise-en-Québec in a kayak drowned in the lake Champlain, in Montérégie.
Friday, July 3
● A motorcyclist 28-year-old lost control of his vehicle and struck and fatally wounded a culvert at Compton in the eastern Townships.
● A rider 60 years of age died when he lost control of his car in a curve from Saint-Élie-de-Caxton, Mauricie.
● The body of a 14-year-old presumed drowned in the Ottawa river, after having plunged to the railway bridge on Prince of Wales, that connects Gatineau and Ottawa, is still missing to the call.
Saturday, July 4
● A girl of 3 years died in the swimming pool of a family residence, in Noyan, Montérégie.
● A man in his seventies, who apparently fell from his fishing boat, was found lifeless in the Big Black river, to Saint-Pamphile, in Chaudière-Appalaches.
Sunday, July 5
● A man of 49 years died in a road exit to Sainte-Anne-de-Sabrevois, in the Montérégie region.
● A motorcyclist for 37 years, is hit fatally by a truck at the exit of the track acceleration Sanair in Saint-Pie, near Saint-Hyacinthe.
● A motorcyclist of 53-year-old collided with the rear of a truck parked on Sherbrooke street in Montreal (see photo).
● 68 year old woman died, swept away by the current of the Rouge river in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge in the Laurentians.
● The Sûreté du Québec does not exclude the possibility that the 74 year old man found lifeless in the swimming pool of the campsite Gemini, in Havelock, Montérégie, has been a discomfort.
● A 17-year-old is missing after falling from an inflatable innertube being pulled by a watercraft to the Grand lac Saint-François in the eastern Townships.
Saturday, June 20,
● A motorcyclist of 41 years old is struck full in the face and fatally wounded by a Camaro red who then fled to the Holy–Perpétue, in Centre-du-Québec.
● The body of a man was recovered from the water in the St. Lawrence river, at Beaumont, in Chaudière-Appalaches.
● A man of 36 years, who in all likelihood could not swim, drowned near a beach in Roxton Pond, Montérégie.
● A tragic accident to watercraft in Nicolet, has claimed the life of a father of 34 years, Alexandre Gauthier, a mother of 32 years, Edith Atwood, and their son of 4 years.
Sunday, June 21,
● Dany Larcheveque, 30 years is hit by a car in Frelighsburg, Montérégie.
● A 30-year old woman, who was on board of a boat, drowned in the Ottawa river, in Gatineau.
Monday, June 22,
● A little boy of 3 years old drowned in a residential pool of the borough of Charlesbourg, in Quebec city.
Wednesday, June 24,
● A 45 year-old male is dead after being cut the way to Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, in Lanaudière.
● The illegal passing of a motorcyclist of 40 years cost him his life, in Shawinigan.
● A man of 30 years was drowned in trying to catch up to a boat party at the drift, Blanc-Sablon, in Côte-Nord.