Today, April 21, the British Queen celebrates her birthday
Edition Today Lifestyle
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
Elizabeth II. Funny moments
Today, on April 21, his birthday is celebrating Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, who likes to surprise with their colorful outfits. She’s turning 93 years. With her husband, the Queen married a whopping 72 years! On this occasion Today.Lifestyle offers to remember the most interesting facts about the love story of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, whose children gave them beautiful grandchildren.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in his youth
1. First of all, you should know that I met Elizabeth (and then lilibeth) and Philippe 29 November 1934 at the wedding of Princess Marina of Greece and Danish and Prince George. Then a few times at official receptions and events up to the fateful meeting in July 1939 at the Royal naval College at Dartmouth, where he studied Philip. Yes, the future husband of the Queen was a sailor! And the young 13-year-old Princess fell in love with 18-year-old simple poor guy, despite their noble origin. Between teenagers struck up a correspondence.
2. Don’t forget that Elizabeth II and Prince Philip are third cousin of brother and sister.
3. Already in 1943, his relatives began to notice that between 17-year-old Princess and Philip had an affair. However, the Royal family had several other plans: it could have been a better party for my daughter.
4. Princess Elizabeth and Philip were secretly engaged. In the summer of 1946, Philip asked the king to marry an heir to the throne. George VI gave his consent reluctantly and under the condition that no official statements about the engagement will not be until the Princess 21st birthday. The official announcement was made only on 9 July 1947.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s wedding day
5. Before marriage to the Princess, Philip in 1947, renounced his Greek and Danish titles, the British took the mother’s surname – Mountbatten – and moved from Greek Orthodoxy to Anglicanism. George VI on the eve of the wedding was awarded the title of Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl Marineschule and Baron Greenwich.
6. Rumor has it that on the morning of the wedding of Elizabeth and Philip had an unpleasant incident: a Princess tiara, made in 1919 to Mary Tekskom from diamonds that belonged to Queen Victoria, suddenly cracked. However, it was not a bad omen, and the Queen-mother reassured the daughter, assuring that she will have time to fix it in time. The way it was.
7. At that time still Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip were married at 11:30 GMT on 20 November 1947 in Westminster Abbey. Their ceremony was recorded and broadcast on BBC radio to 200 million people worldwide.
8. A year after the marriage of the lovers was born first son, Prince Charles. Only they have four children.
9. Second son of Elizabeth II named Andrew in honor of his father Philip, Prince Andrew.
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip and children
10. Before his marriage to Elizabeth Prince Philip was a heavy smoker. However, he stopped Smoking exactly the day before the Royal wedding and will never come back to this habit.
11. As a wedding gift to Prince Philip gave his bride Elizabeth jewelry bracelet. To create it he used the stones from the tiara of his mother. However, at the time of the wedding in his Bank account was only 12 pence.
12. With the ascent of Elizabeth II to the throne, Philip was the first who brought her oath with the words: I, Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, will become Your vassal in sickness and in health, I will serve You faithfully, with honor and respect until death. So help me God.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in our days
Recall, Queen Elizabeth II, and her granddaughter Princess Eugenie attended the service at Windsor St George’s chapel. For the celebrations, members of the Royal family dressed in bright dresses.
Read the most important and interesting news in our Telegram