“Aeroflot” has cancelled/postponed a number of Italian flights on 21 and 22 may
Decision taken as a result of mass strikes by airport staff in the Apennines.
May 20, 2019 at 16:50
As the press service of “Aeroflot”, we are talking about the four flights from the Sheremetyevo airport and back:
• SU2424/SU2425 – Moscow – Bologna – Moscow;
• SU2410/ SU2411 – Moscow – Milan – Moscow;
• SU2418/ SU2419;
• SU2406/ SU2407 – Moscow – Rome – Moscow.
“The passengers will be informed through the call center and will be shipped subsequent flights. Arriving to registration will be provided with everything necessary, in accordance with Federal aviation regulations and standards of Aeroflot”, — stated in the message.
Also changed the departure time of some flights:
• SU2404 from Sheremetyevo to Rome instead of the 18:40 will depart at 22:05;
• SU2405 from Rome to Sheremetyevo is 23:55 and will depart at 2:05 may 22;
• SU2429 from Bologna to Sheremetyevo airport will take off on may 21 at 23:50 instead of 00:05 on may 22.
According to the Independent, the strike of the employees of the Italian airports will last 24 hours. The national carrier, Alitalia was forced to cancel or reschedule more than 300 flights; British low-cost airline Easyjet cancelled 30 flights.