Since the launch of the Amber alert in Quebec in 2003, 15 have been triggered and have had durations ranging from a few minutes to over 24 hours. Here are some of the most important.
July 15, 2003 | Montreal
- The first Amber alert was launched in Quebec to find a young girl of 17 years. The police Department of the City of Montreal has received testimony indicating that the adolescent had been removed. This last had in fact fought with her boyfriend.
3 July 2004 | Longueuil
- A small 4 year old daughter has been kidnapped by his mother, depressed. The police initiated the Amber alert, fearing for the safety of the child. The search lasted more than 24 hours, and the child was found safe and sound in Drummondville.
June 9, 2010 | Three-Rivers
- After being removed from the custody of their child by the youth court, a man and a woman have kidnapped their little girl of 4 years and have gotten away with it. Fearing for the safety of the child, the police have triggered an Amber alert. The little girl has been found safe and sound at the end of 45 minutes.
May 26, 2014 | Three-Rivers
- Just a day of life, a baby was removed to the hospital Sainte-Marie by Valerie Poulin Collins, a young woman who had been posing as a nurse. The infant had been found and returned to her parents three hours after the triggering of the alert.
14 sept. 2017 | Saint-Eustache
- Ugo Fredette has abducted a child of 6 years after having killed his wife, Veronica Beard, and then Yvon Lacasse. The child was found, in Ontario, more than 24 hours after the launch of the alert. Ugo Fredette was convicted of murder and risk at least 50 years in prison.
March 12, 2018 | Montreal
- Disappeared in the district of Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10 years old, has never been found and would have sunk in the river of the Prairies. Launched on 13 march 2018, the alert was finally cancelled a few hours later by the police Department of the City of Montreal.