MISE & Agrave; DAY
On the $ 11 million ransom letter demanded from the founder of the Cora chain the night her son was kidnapped, there is an email address that can be linked to the ex-franchisee accused in the case of kidnapping, according to the Crown theory.
“After each transfer, you send the proof to firstname.lastname@example.org”, indicates the ransom letter seized from the president of Cora restaurants, Nicholas Tsouflidis, kidnapped from his home in Mirabel on March 8, 2017. & nbsp;
The two-page ransom letter seized by the police from the victim's home.
The yellow envelope that contained detailed instructions to transfer US $ 11 million over three days was seized on the kitchen island, detailed to the jury Simon Levasseur, crime scene technician for the Sûreté du Québec. & nbsp ;
It is thanks to this email address that the investigators would have been able to trace it back to Paul Zaidan, according to the theory defended by the Crown. & nbsp;
Recall that the 52-year-old ex-franchisee is currently undergoing trial at the Laval courthouse. & Nbsp;
The house in Mirabel where the president of Cora was kidnapped in March 2017.
Linked to a Samsung tablet & nbsp;
“Two IP addresses were used to find a device that connected to [this] email address, namely a Samsung tablet”, explained Me Sarah Beaudry -Leclerc, who teams up with Me Karine Dalphond, during the opening presentation.
The testimonies of investigators in this direction must be heard next week.
The famous tablet was bought in February 2017 in a Best Buy with a credit card belonging to Zaidan, then returned the day after the 'kidnapping, the Crown intends to demonstrate.
Until now, there had been very little talk of the accused at his own trial. & nbsp;
Indeed, a family dispute with the elder of the Tsouflidis family occupied most of the lengthy cross-examinations conducted by the defense. & Nbsp;
Earlier this week, the victim's mother, Cora Mussely Tsouflidou, was strongly questioned about a statement made to an investigator the day after the kidnapping. On the phone, she allegedly told him that she had given $ 50,000 to her eldest son Theoharis Tsouflidis “last week and that this amount is an advance of the annual $ 200,000. “
Once in court, the 74-year-old businesswoman had no recollection of this transfer, nor of the exact amounts she paid her children at that time as a gift. & Nbsp;
< p> However, she would also have spoken of the transfer of $ 50,000 to another investigator, on May 5, 2017. These two police reports were shown to the jury.
Paul Zaidan, accused
The defense is very interested in this, because these are exactly the same amounts that were mentioned by the kidnappers on the evening of the kidnapping. & nbsp;
They told their hostage that they were paid $ 50,000 to kidnap him, testified Nicholas Tsouflidis. & nbsp;
And they allegedly accused the victim of “stuffing someone” with $ 200,000. & nbsp;
According to the defense, the kidnapping is a stunt orchestrated by Nicholas Tsouflidis serving to bring suspicion to his older brother Theoharis, who wanted a job at the head office, and ultimately to crush him of the company./p>
In 2016, he was sporadically cut off by his mother due to consumption problems.