Badly burned on the operating table in Australia
< /p> UPDATE DAY
What happened in a hospital when a simple routine procedure turned horrific?
A patient undergoing a surgery suffered severe burns in an operating room at St John of God Subiaco Hospital in Perth Australia as a fire broke out.
The injured patient was transferred at Fiona Stanley Hospital, which has a specialist burn unit. He is believed to be in critical but stable condition.
It is unclear whether any hospital staff were injured in the accident.
An investigation was launched to shed light on this terrible accident. The causes of the fire appear mysterious at this time.
St John of God Subiaco Hospital Acting Director Jenny Brenton confirms that a 'serious incident' has occurred and that it resulted in an “undesirable effect for a patient”.
“We are unable to comment further on the circumstances and details due to confidentiality laws,” she added.