News World Money Opinions Sports < p>
- Hunting and fishing
- Other sports
- Soccer < /li>
- CF Montreal
- Car racing
- Hunting and Fishing
- Other sports
- The voice
- Digital Platforms
Be all the rage with these onion rings-bacon-cheeseburger on the BBQ!
Photo Philippe Lapointe SHARING Philippe Lapointe
MISE À DAY
Here is a recipe that is out of the ordinary and that will make your next gatherings with friends a guaranteed success. Unable to choose what to cook among the great classics such as onion rings and a bacon cheese burger? So why not fuse the two together to create the ultimate onion ring without having to break out the fryer! Let your imagination run wild, it is possible to season the ground beef with what you have on hand. Cheese curds, jalapeno and pickles are just a few examples of toppings that can be added to beef to complement this dish. Prepare the hand towels, it is with the fingers covered with BBQ sauce that you will return to take an additional onion ring. Enjoy your BBQ!
2 lb ground beef
2 cups tex-mex shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp. BBQ spice of your choice
1 large white onion
1 lb bacon
1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- Preheat the BBQ using indirect cooking at medium power at 275°F. If you are using a charcoal BBQ, add a block of wood species of your choice to add a smoky element.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, grated cheese and BBQ spices.
- Cut the onions into 2 cm thick slices and carefully separate them to form individual rings.< /li>
- Take a large onion ring and line the inside wall with the beef mixture. Place a small onion ring in the center to form a doughnut, this will serve to fix the beef mixture in place. Repeat for each onion ring.
- Wrap the onion rings with the bacon slices and secure them in place using toothpicks if necessary.
- Indirectly grill for 1 h 10 or until bacon is crispy and internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
- Brush rounds onions with the BBQ sauce and leave on the grill for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or with a BBQ sauce or dip of your choice.