It must be confessed that our seasons do not favor the use of the clothesline throughout the year.
The ideal solution would be to have access to two methods, depending on our needs, while respecting the regulations which vary by municipality. In good weather, it expands, and from November to march, we use the dryer. The combination of the two techniques will extend the life of clothes and save energy.
A clothesline orderly
Extend when the wind is part of the. It dries, smoothes and softens the clothes. Extend the days where there is little wind raidira the fibres of the tissue.
Shake clothing before extend and pin in place without deforming, with a small break between the pins, so that they swell in the wind. Hang up garments with the longest first and end with the shorter.
Consider the position of the sun. The white clothes will regain their whiteness to the sun. The colorful clothes should be dried upside down in the shade to avoid discolouration.
Silk garments, whose fiber is very strong, and all synthetic fabrics can be hung in the sun while the cotton, linen, and rayon, more sensitive to the sun, love the shade.
As it is not easy to maintain a hanger on the clothesline, do the following : hang the garment buttoned on two hangers, of which the hooks are placed in the opposite direction. You will now have to pass the rope under the two hooks and the hanger held in place.
If you like the smell of towels that have been dried on the clothesline, but hate their texture rough, remove them from the clothesline when they are still damp and finish drying in the dryer for ten minutes. You will then get “the best” of the two drying methods.
Prevention is better…
- People who are allergic to pollen should avoid drying clothes on the clothesline outside.
- Never put clothes soaked in water in the dryer. In addition to lengthen the time of drying, the weight can damage the dryer.
- Sun exposure can damage the inside of some vegetable fibers that react badly to UV rays. You therefore need to be vigilant when hanging clothes on the clothesline. As for the dryer, it use the outer envelope of the fiber tissue. You see the result in the filter lint.
If the dryer provides multiple heat settings, do the following :
- High heat for heavy items such as jeans, work clothes, towels, sponges, blankets, etc
- Heat low to medium for sheets, dresses, shirts, pants, underwear and fabrics, permanent press.
- The other clothes that are more delicate have advantage not to be too dry. Hang them on hangers to complete drying. Thus, you can avoid ironing.
- The fresh air will suit all fabrics are heat-sensitive and the tissues involving parts rubber, plastic, or lined with synthetic foam. The clothesline is still the solution in the safest way to dry these items.
The good technique
- Shake clothes slightly before putting them in the dryer.
- Do not overload the dryer, the items must tumble freely for fast drying.
- It is best to dry all the clothes and items with the same characteristics. For example, it will not dry the towels and washcloths with lingerie delicate.
- As soon as dried, take the clothes out of the dryer. This way you will avoid creases useless.
- If you have forgotten clothes in the dryer for a few days and end up crumpled, add a towel, wet the laundry load and run the dryer again for ten minutes. The moisture thus created défroissera clothing.
Dry your clothes in the camping
- If you can install a mini clothesline, use a dryer for folding, a rack drier, with multiple clips, easy to hang on the outside or the inside of the tent and don’t forget to spread the beach towels at the end of the day, otherwise they will produce a damp smell unpleasant.
5 tips for making ironing easier
- Cover the ironing board with a sheet of aluminum foil under the cover to increase the heat. The work will be easier because you won’t have to iron the garment in place and
- It is important to moisten the clothing by passing it on. Do not use only dry heat and rely on the manufacturer’s instructions listed on the iron to adjust the heat according to the type of fabric being ironed.
- In order not to create creases on the collars, the iron on reverse side, and then to the place by sliding the iron from the ends to the inside of the collar.
- Avoid circular motions and ironing clothes in the direction of the length.
- If necessary, you can remove the glossy appearance on the clothing caused by wear and tear and the ironing, wetting a clean cloth with water and white vinegar in equal parts which will be used to press cloth and will restore the clothing to their original appearance.