Brazil : the quarantine of Bolsonaro extends

Brésil : la quarantaine de Bolsonaro se prolonge

The president of the brazilian Jair Bolsonaro has done a second test that confirmed contamination of the system by the coronavirus and had to remain in quarantine, reported on Wednesday that the television CNN Brasil.

The head of State, aged 65 years, said he would remain confined within the palace of Alvorada, her official residence in Brasilia, where he has been working for a week its functions through video conferencing, according to the medical recommendations.

Fierce critic so far of the containment and that has minimized these last four months the severity of the pandemic, which undermines his country, Jair Bolsonaro had expressed on Monday his impatience to regain his freedom of movement.

The president had told CNN Brasil, and that he had to undergo a new PCR test on Tuesday. “I will await the result with anxiety because I don’t support this routine, to stay at home, it is horrible,” he said to the chain on the phone.

On Tuesday, ” if all goes well, I go back to work. Of course, in the opposite case, I will wait a few more days, ” said Mr Bolsonaro.

The president explained on Wednesday, that same string does not have symptoms of the COVID-19 from the 6th of July.

He stressed, however, continue his treatment with hydroxychloroquine, a medication in which he has an unwavering faith, but whose effectiveness has not been formally proven.

Brazil is behind the United States, the world’s second largest in terms of number of cases of contamination (nearly two million) and deaths (some 75,000) related to the COVID-19.

Share Button