Serving : 1 bread
Cooking time : 55 minutes
Rest : 10 minutes
- 120 ml buttermilk hot
- 80 ml of hot water
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 25 g of granulated sugar
- 72 g of unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 375 g of flour baking
- 130 g of dark chocolate
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 50 g of icing sugar
- 30 g of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 160 g granulated sugar
- 120 g of water
- Whisk the buttermilk, hot, warm water, yeast and sugar together. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, egg, salt and 1 cup of the flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then add the rest of the flour. Beat on medium speed until the dough comes together and leaves sides of bowl, about 2 minutes.
- Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes.
- 1re exercise : lightly Grease a large bowl with a little oil. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat all sides in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 2 hours or until it doubles in volume.
- Grease a loaf pan 9 × 5 inches.
- Prick the dough to release the air. Place the dough on a work surface lightly floured and with a rolling pin floured, roll the dough into a rectangle about 9 × 15 inches (approximately). Spread the chocolate filling over the entire surface.
- Roll out the dough into a large sausage. Place the log on its seam. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into two pieces along the length. Braid the two parts, place in a prepared loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave the bread covered for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cook until it is golden, about 45 to 55 minutes. I normally covers with aluminum foil after 25 minutes so that the bread does not brown too quickly. Sprinkle the bread still warm from the simple syrup and place it on a grid. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove from the pan and cool the bread on the grid.
- I like to add a few pieces of milk chocolate on the top.