BET À DAY
Quebec recorded 12 additional deaths from COVID-19 on Friday as hospitalizations continue to decline in the province.
In total, 1997 people are still present in a hospital center in connection with the virus. This is a decrease of 14 from the previous day.
A slight increase was however seen in intensive care (47, +2).
Nearly a thousand new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the past 24 hours at screening centers and 183 positive rapid tests have been self-reported.< /p>
In the health network, 4,280 workers are still absent due to the virus, whether for preventive withdrawal, isolation or awaiting results.
THE SITUATION IN QUEBEC AS OF AUGUST 19, 2022
- 1,168,546 people infected (+1997*)
- 16,207 deaths (+12)
- 4280 healthcare workers absent for COVID-related reasons
- 1997 people hospitalized (- 14)
- 47 people in intensive care (+2)
- 12,083 samples taken on August 17
- 278,293 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 232,983 positive: 214 declared for yesterday, including 183 positive.
- 22,845 doses administered are added, for a total of 20,533,437 doses administered in Quebec.
* The number number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centers is restricted to clients s priorities