and VAT News MISE À DAY
Quebec has reported 13 new deaths related to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours.
The number of people hospitalized due to the virus increased compared to the previous day (+56), bringing the total of Quebecers occupying a hospital bed to 1,497. The number of people in intensive care remained relatively stable compared to the balance sheet of Tuesday (+1; 40).
In addition, 1,839 new cases were recorded in Wednesday's report, against 1,356 the day before, while 642 positive rapid tests were self-reported during the day on Tuesday.
The number of healthcare workers absent due to COVID-19 has also increased (7041), according to the latest data from Public Health.
THE SITUATION IN QUEBEC AS OF JULY 6, 2022
- 1,098,011 people infected (+1839*)
- 15,630 deaths (+13)
- 1497 people hospitalized
- 183 entries
- 127 discharges
- 40 people in intensive care
- 14,465 samples taken on July 4
- 240,214 self-reported rapid tests so far, including 199,124 positive: 715 reported for yesterday, including 642 positive.
* The number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centers is restricted to priority clienteles.
*** For detailed results by region, consult the INSPQ website by clicking here .