UPDATE ; DAY
Hospitalizations related to COVID-19 continued their upward trend in Quebec for the day on Wednesday, exceeding the bar of 2,000 people hospitalized.
The the 2000 hospitalizations mark had been exceeded for the last time on August 17, with 2011 hospitalizations.
An increase of 207 patients was thus noted on Wednesday in the hospitals of the province, which reaches the total of 2030 hospitalizations, including 595 due to the virus.
In intensive care, 13 more beds are occupied compared to the previous day, for a total of 52 people present.
Nearly 1,096 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded at testing centers and 253 positive rapid tests were self-reported. Sixteen deaths were also listed.
As for the health network, 3,748 workers are still absent in connection with COVID-19, either for preventive withdrawal, isolation or awaiting results.< /p>
- 1,096 new cases, for a total of 1,211,181 people infected*;
- 16 new deaths, for a total of 16,861 deaths, i.e.;
- 3 deaths in the last 24 hours,
- 12 deaths between 2 and 7 days ago,
- 1 death more than 7 days ago;
- NOTE: As death withdrawals are not shown in the data above, the number number of deaths added may exceed the number of new deaths for the day.
- 3,748 healthcare workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, awaiting results, etc.);
- 2,030 hospitalizations, including 595 in due to COVID-19, an increase of 207 from the previous day;
- 294 new entries,
- 87 new discharges;
- 52 people in intensive care, including 19 due to COVID-19, an increase of 13 compared to the previous day;
- 20 new entries,
- 7 new releases;   ;
- 10,208 samples taken on October 10;
- 297,912 self-reported rapid tests so far, including 250,084 positives: 294 reported for yesterday, including 253 positives.
*Remember that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation ation since access to screening centers is restricted to priority clienteles.