As of Monday, August 3, the maximum number of people allowed at events inside and outside will be reduced from 50 to 250 people, always in the respect of the distancing physical. The festivals, however, remain prohibited.
“Because of the significant risks of contagion and transmission of the virus, festivals and big events remain prohibited until 31 August”, one can read in a statement released Thursday afternoon.
- LISTEN to the chronic cultural Anaïs Guertin-Lacroix on QUB radio:
Dr. Richard Massé, a medical adviser for strategic Direction of public health, said to have been able to give its green light to the increase of the maximum number of spectators thanks to the “diligence” which the operators are shown since the 22nd of June last, on which date the limit was fixed to 50 people.
“However, the collaboration of all, including through the application of distancing, physical, hand-washing and wearing a mask or covers the face-when indicated, is essential to ensure the success of this new step,” insists Dr. Massé.
Three weeks later
Last month, the minister of Culture, Nathalie Roy, had initially left floating the possibility that this limit rises to 250 as soon as mid-July.
Any door to believe that the latest balance sheet, that make daily state of more than a hundred new cases, explain this postponement of three weeks.
The increase in the maximum number of people will apply to cinemas, to the theatres and cinemas, as well as the public who attends a production, a filming audiovisual inside or a recording of the show inside, says the government in its press release.
Inside, the spectators who are standing will have to maintain between them a distance of 2 meters, as much as possible.
When they are seated, the distance will be reduced to 1.5 metres and it will then be possible to remove their covers-face up to what they need to move.
Those who come from the same household will not have to submit to the rules of distance physical.
It will also be possible to accommodate a large number of people during training or sporting events lovers in the interior.
During outdoor events, it is necessary to observe a distance of two metres, failing which the port of the mask or the cover face will be compulsory for 12 years and over.
What they said:
“With this announcement, we allow the québec population to appropriate in addition to many cultural sites which make the happiness of small and large! However, it remains essential to pool our efforts to promote a reopening of safe and consistent with public health advice.”
– Nathalie Roy, minister of Culture and Communications
“Many athletes and spectators will learn the new one with happiness, but I invite them to continue to abide by the guidelines of the public Health. It is only by being responsible that we will be able to resume the normal course of our lives.”
– Isabelle Charest, minister for Education and minister responsible for status of women
“In particular, we have found that operators have been diligent in the implementation of the various measures necessary to ensure the safety of workers and the public. Our analysis of the situation allows to increase the number of people that can be accommodated in these places.”
– Richard Massé, medical advisor, strategic Directorate-general of public health of the ministry of Health and social Services
You have defeated the COVID-19? The Journal is looking for people who have been cured of the coronavirus, and who would like to testify.
Write to us at email@example.com