MISE & Agrave; DAY
Quebec has four deaths and 1,224 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, suggesting that the 7th wave is probably crossed.
- 1224 new cases, for a total of 1,138,880 people infected*;
- 4 new deaths reported in the last 24 hours, for a total of 15,876 deaths;
- 6418 healthcare workers absent for reasons related to COVID (preventive withdrawal, isolation, awaiting results, etc.);
- Hospitalizations and intensive care: due to a change in the methodology, the data is no longer counted on weekends. Thus, they will be updated from Tuesday to Saturday;
- 11,041 samples taken on July 23;
- 263,237 rapid tests self-declared so far, including 219,744 positive: 403 declared for the day yesterday, including 347 positive.
* Remember that the number of cases listed is not not representative of the situation since access to screening centers is restricted to priority clienteles.
More details to come…