MONTREAL | Ontario and Quebec have accounted for, respectively, 121 and 102 cases of COVID-19, Saturday, bringing the balance sheet total in the country to 105 317 infections.
After a lull of a few days, the number of cases of the disease coronavirus has climbed to the top of the bar 100 cases in la Belle Province. Since the beginning of the health crisis, 55 784 in Quebec have been affected by the disease, of which 5566 people who have lost their lives. Three new deaths have been counted in the past 24 hours, plus three others that occurred before 26 June last.
In Ontario, there are now 35 656 cases and 2687 death. Five deaths were announced Saturday in the province with the largest population in the country.
After having reported no cases since 28 April last, the Île-du-Prince-Édouard has reported three new patients on Saturday for a total of 30 infections.
The administrative head of the public health agency of Canada Dr. Theresa Tam, has reiterated the importance of maintaining the measures of distance-physical, the frequent washing of hands and the wearing of a covering face in public to curb the spread of the COVID-19. It has also indicated that it is necessary to show attention to detail when handling his mask.
“Some people are not aware that the outside of the masks may become contaminated. Wash your hands with soap and water or with a hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada prior to put on and remove your mask and after. A mask is a personal item; do not share it”, she said in an official statement.
The situation in Canada
- Québec: 55 784 case (5566 death)
- Ontario: 35 656 case (2687 death)
- Alberta: 8259 case (155 deaths)
- British Columbia: 2947 case (177 deaths)
- Nova Scotia: 1064 case (63 deaths)
- Saskatchewan: 796 cases (14 deaths)
- Manitoba: 325 cases (7 deaths)
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 261 cases (3 deaths)
- New Brunswick: 165 cases (2 deaths)
- Île-du-Prince-Édouard: 30 case
- Yukon: 11
- The North-West territories: 5 cases
- Nunavut: 1 case
- Canadian returnees: 13 case
- Total: 105 317 cases (8674 death)
You have defeated the COVID-19? The Journal is looking for people who have been cured of the coronavirus, and who would like to testify.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org