COVID-19: the Quebec to be covered, the Ontario déconfine

COVID-19: le Québec se couvre, l'Ontario se déconfine

The number of cases of COVID-19 has greatly surged in Canada on Monday, on the occasion of the publication of the balance sheet of the end of the week in the Western provinces, while Ontario and Quebec reveal the next steps in their fight against the virus.

All in all, no less than 565 people infected were added to the 108 155 positive diagnosis of coronavirus now identified since the beginning of the pandemic. However, only seven deaths have been combined for a total of 8790.

This significant disparity between the number of deaths and new cases – the mortality ratio was much higher while the disease was rampant in the CHSLD in Quebec and Ontario this spring – tends to remember that the average age of people infected continues to decrease. The various outbreaks in the country have been able to be linked to celebrations which have occurred in the last few weeks, said public health agencies in different provinces, including Quebec and British Columbia.

The Quebec hidden

Beyond the numbers, Quebec has especially attracted the attention, Monday, by announcing that the wearing of the mask will be mandatory as early as Saturday in all enclosed public places across the province. This announcement occurred on the same day of the entry into force of the regulation requiring the wearing of the covering face in public transport.

The Province has also said it had documented 100 infections during the past 24 hours. However, only one death has been reported, while there had been a total of 55 during the previous seven days.

Ontario comes to life

On the contrary of Quebec, Ontario went to an ad the more joyful Monday, the government having authorized the major part of the province to reach the phase 3 of the plan of déconfinement as soon as Friday. Concretely, the dining rooms of restaurants, cinemas, bookshops, training centres and various gathering places of the same ilk will be able to reopen their doors, subject to compliance with the sanitary rules, still in effect, including social distancing.

However, the inhabitants of the greater Toronto area, and some areas of the south-west of the province most affected by the pandemic must continue to wait before being able to dine at their favorite restaurant, and probably until the end of July.

The balance sheet daily life in the province seemed to give reason for Doug Ford, on Monday, while 116 new cases have been reported, a number below the average for the last week. Three patients carrying the COVID-19 have also lost their lives.

Nearly 350 cases in the West

British Columbia (+62), Alberta (+230) and Saskatchewan (+56), for their part, have reported no less than 348 new cases of COVID-19, distributed over the past 72 hours, these provinces do with their data up to date during the weekends.

Three deaths have also been recorded, two in British Columbia and one in Alberta.

Saskatchewan announced on Monday that it will extend from Tuesday, the screening tests among the entire population, and not only to people with symptoms, in the hope to combat recent outbreaks in its territory.

The situation in Canada

  • Québec: 56 621 cases (5628 death)
  • Ontario: 36 839 cases (2722 death)
  • Alberta: 8826 case (161 deaths)
  • Bc: 3115 case (189 deaths)
  • Nova Scotia: 1066 cases (63 deaths)
  • Saskatchewan: 871 cases (15 deaths)
  • Manitoba: 325 cases (7 deaths)
  • Newfoundland and Labrador: 262 cases (3 deaths)
  • New Brunswick: 166 cases (2 deaths)
  • Île-du-Prince-Édouard: 35 cases
  • Yukon: 11
  • The North-West territories: 5 cases
  • Nunavut: 0 cases
  • Canadian returnees: 13 case
  • Total: 108 155 cases (8790 deaths)
Share Button