MISE À DAY
Here is the little cousin of the commercial Ferrero Rocher balls, but made at home.
We have increased the quantity of nuts since we always find that a Ferrero lacks crunch. We know: crunchier is better! Guaranteed, this is a recipe that everyone will love.
Preparation: 20 min | Cooking: 10 min | Refrigeration: 1.5 hours | Makes 12 bites
- 90 g (3/4 cup) of hazelnuts
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of dried dates, pitted
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of spread chocolate hazelnut
- 12 whole hazelnuts
- 175 g (1 cup) dark chocolate
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) puffed brown rice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, coarsely chop the hazelnuts. Take 60 ml (1/4 cup) of crushed hazelnuts, which will be used for the garnish. Add the dates and hazelnut spread and stir until smooth.
- With your hands and using a cream spoon about 7.5 ml (1/2 tbsp.), form balls by placing a whole hazelnut in the center. Place the balls on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bain-marie, melt the chocolate. Add the puffed rice. Coat balls with chocolate mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and refrigerate for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Tips from Science and Fork
The texture of the bites may vary depending on the type of dates used and the potency of our food processor. If the preparation is not sticky enough and the balls do not hold together well, you can add 1 tsp hazelnut spread. at a time, to desired consistency.