Dave Bautista promises more action in 'Dune 2'
According to the words of actor Dave Bautista, the sequel to Dune will be more intense than the first movie.
In an interview with the Collider site, the 54-year-old former wrestler said that the second part of the saga will have “more action” than the first chapter, released in the fall of 2021.
< p>“It's much more intense than the first film, said the actor who takes over the character of Rabban in the sequel.
“The first part was some sort of intro. There are a lot of things that happen [in the second film]. It is also sharper, more political and more intense. There are moments of levitation but also amusing scenes, endowed with an absurd humor.”
The director of Dune, Denis Villeneuve, had already made similar comments last year, stressing that the second film in the saga would have “more action and less dialogue” than the first.< /p>
In his interview with Collider, Dave Bautista also praised the Quebec filmmaker, with whom he had already worked in the first Dune but also in Blade Runner 2049 : “As my character is more present in the second film, I spent more time with Denis [Villeneuve], he underlined. It was exciting because I love working with him. He manages to get the best out of me. Before I left the set, we even talked about the idea of making another film together. I won't say anything more until this project materializes, but he knows that my dream is to work with him as the main actor.”
Shot last year in Budapest and the United Arab Emirates, Dune 2 will hit theaters on November 3.