Does John Gibson need help?
Behind the weak Anaheim Ducks defensive squad, John Gibson does what he can. The American is by far the busiest goalkeeper in the National Hockey League (NHL) in recent years, he who collects performances of 50 saves and more.
In the most recent two weeks, Gibson blocked 53 of 59 shots for the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 10 before returning with 51 saves against the Florida Panthers in a 4-3 loss on Monday.
< p>Team California has lost its last six games and the No. 1 goaltender has lost in its most recent five starts. Gibson does what he can, but the days go by and look alike for the “Ducks”.
Since 2017, he has blocked more than 47 shots eight times, more than any other goalie in the NHL. Still, he hasn't defended the net for the Ducks for more than 60 games in a campaign, but you have to believe that the 29-year-old masked man is a real puck magnet.
In 2022- 2023, Gibson is 10-23-6 with a 4.07 goals-against average and .898 save percentage. Anthony Stolarz (19 games) and Lukas Dostal (9 games) also took over during the season.
John Gibson's best performances since 2017
- 53 saves on February 10, 2023 against the Pittsburgh Penguins
- 52 saves on April 12, 2022 against the Florida Panthers
- 51 saves on January 1, 2017 against the Philadelphia Flyers
- 51 saves on February 20, 2023 against the Florida Panthers
- 50 saves on November 19, 2019 against the Florida Panthers
- 49 saves on November 20, 2017 against the Montreal Canadiens
- 49 saves on December 28, 2022 against the Vegas Golden Knights
- 47 saves on April 16, 2021 against the Vegas Golden Knights