Baking soda is without a doubt a very effective product against odors. You can make your own home air freshener:
- Dissolve 1 ml (1/4 tsp) baking soda in 125 ml (1/2 cup) of hot water. Add to this mixture a few drops of lemon juice and about ten drops of your favorite essential oil. Pour the solution into a bottle fitted with a spray bottle to eliminate bad odors in the house.
- For the bathroom, fill a glass bowl with baking soda. Add a few drops of an essential oil. Drop it in the room. If necessary, after a few days, add 1 to 3 drops of essential oil to revive the mixture.
- Baking soda sprinkled in the bottom of the bin will reduce bad odors in the kitchen.
- If a reusable plastic container for lunches gives off a bad smell, put a spoonful of yellow mustard powder in it and add a cup of hot water. Shake the container and leave to act for fifteen minutes before rinsing well.
- If a bad smell persists in the microwave oven, heat a few spoonfuls of vanilla for a minute. Let the vanilla cool in the oven for an hour before removing.
- Lay a few cloves or a cinnamon stick on a piece of aluminum foil in an oven set to the lowest temperature. Add a few orange or lemon peels and leave the oven door ajar. In a short time, a pleasant fragrance will invade the house.
Smells on the hands
After handling fish, garlic or food that smells like food, rub your hands with a lemon wedge or massage them with white vinegar. Use cold water, as hot water retains odors.
You will get rid of most bad odors on your hands by soaping them while holding an object or touching the edge of the sink by stainless steel. Stainless steel will capture bad odors. Clever and efficient!