Fatal shooting on a set: Alec Baldwin gives his phone to the police

Fatal shooting on set: Alec Baldwin hands his phone over to police

BET À DAY

LOS ANGELES | Alec Baldwin handed over his mobile phone to police on Friday as part of the investigation into the death of a filmmaker on the set of “Rust”, killed by a revolver the actor was handling during the accident. 

At the time of the tragedy, on October 21 at a ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Aec Baldwin was working on a scene with cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. He had been presented with the weapon as being harmless because it was supposed to contain only dummy bullets.

The police are particularly interested in knowing how real ammunition could have been on the set, which is in theory strictly forbidden.

In mid-December, investigators had obtained a warrant authorizing them to seize the phone of Alec Baldwin, also producer of the western, believing that it could contain “evidence” relating to the case, such as messages or emails.

Alec Baldwin surrendered his iPhone on Friday to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, where he has a home. Local police will make a copy of the data contained in the device and forward it to their New Mexico colleagues in charge of the investigation, a spokesperson for the Santa Fe County sheriff told AFP. p>

This data has not yet been transmitted and exchanges with his lawyers and his wife will be excluded, under an agreement between Alec Baldwin and the authorities, said the spokesperson.

Thursday, Sheriff's Department explained that negotiations were underway to obtain the actor's phone due to “jurisdictional issues”.

Last week on his Instagram account, the actor posted a rather rambling video in which he claimed to be willing to cooperate with the police, calling “lies” the “insinuations” that he was not obeying the demands of the police. investigators.

No arrests have been made to date in this case, but criminal proceedings are not excluded in the event that responsibilities are established, the prosecutor's office pointed out shortly after the tragedy. Santa Fe.

In an interview with ABC, Alec Baldwin said he felt neither guilty nor even “responsible” for the death of Halyna Hutchins.

See also

< i cl ass="fa fa-times">

Share Button