Five steps from the ruins to the lighthouse: the instruction from the Fund “Krokhino”
Volunteers have been restoring the temple on the water, and we can help!
29 APR 2019 15:42
The Church of the Nativity on White lake in Vologda oblast has little resemblance to a single building. The Church of the eighteenth century remained the only building of the village of Krokhino, flooded after the start of construction of the Volga-Baltic waterway. Only thanks to the lighthouse placed in the steeple of the Church in the middle of 1950-ies, the Church in Krokhino was not destroyed.
Since 2011 the Charity Fund “Center of revival of cultural heritage “Krokhino”” (current name – “Pronuclei”) is the emergency and conservation works on the temple island. To date, the Foundation has launched a fundraiser to build a protective wall around the temple. It will help to protect the building from the effects of waves and ice.
This is only the first step towards the creation of the memorial lighthouse. Complete reconstruction of the Church-lighthouse is a few steps. About them says the Director of the Foundation Anor tukaeva:
1. The creation of a sheet pile wall to protect the coastline from the impact of waves and ice. Strengthening the Bank is paramount, because without it is impossible to proceed to other stages, because the beach is constantly eroding.
2. The construction of the power conserving forests for holding and fixing the walls of the temple. This stage and subsequent – of course, not this season.
3. Strengthening the Foundation, grouting of the walls (filling the gaps and voids), the device metal belts and cords. The Foundation of the temple is under water, it is necessary to avoid its erosion and strengthen. The grouting of the walls you want to stop the process of destruction of the brick masonry under the action of moisture and restore the bearing capacity of the walls. Device metal belts on all tiers of the bell tower need to preserve the integrity of its design.
4. Restoration work – they relate to the replacement of damaged brick in the walls, and the relocation of its emergency sections, restoration of lost elements of external decoration, the restoration of the porch.
5. Styling lamp lighthouse in the surviving bell tower of the temple is one of the fundamental decisions in the visual design of the architectural solution. To recreate the bell tower in the memorial temple the lighthouse, where will not be available service, it makes no sense. We must also understand that before the lamp of the lighthouse was located over the dome of the temple has collapsed and it is not about how to set Krokhino a full beacon. But to return to the temple of the symbolic function where it was not destroyed is important.
Look at “the temple-a beacon” through time: the first picture of the Church in Krokhino, taken by Sergei Prokudin-Gorsky in 1909. On the second – it is the same in our day. And the last – visualization of the project, seek volunteers.
The Church of the Nativity of Christ in Krokhin, 1909
Visualization of the architectural project: Stas rams, Zhanna Naumenko.
Crowdfunding will run until 30 June, the Fund is tasked with 520 thousand rubles. Two million rubles for the coming work promised to allocate Fund Nikita Mikhalkov’s “12”. Every 100 rubles will bring the boys to the cherished goal. Besides, there are wonderful rewards for any taste, from local literature to leisure and travel. Want to help – welcome to the link: https://planeta.ru/campaigns/damba-v-krokhino.