The website “Today” talks about the history of the holiday, customs, traditions and prohibitions
2020 forgiveness Sunday Orthodox Christians celebrate on March 1. This big holiday is celebrated at the end of carnival and precedes the beginning of lent, which in 2020 will start on March 2 and will last until Easter on April 19.
The website “Today” talks about the history of Shrove Sunday 2020, customs, traditions, and writes that in any case it is impossible to do in a holiday on March 1.
March 1, 2020 note 2020 forgiveness Sunday
On this day, everyone should let go of all resentment that have accumulated over a long period, to make peace with friends or relatives, if you were in a fight, and tune in to the beginning of lent. According to the Christian canons, if one can forgive men their sins, then his sins will be forgiven in heaven. If I apologize to you, you need to say in response: “God will forgive you and I forgive you.”
How to respond in forgiveness Sunday
Forgiveness Sunday is good to go to confession in the Church. On this day in the temple read part of the sermon on the mount, which refers to the forgiveness of injuries to others.
Forgiveness Sunday: this celebration
History of Shrove Sunday is rooted in the ancient time. Before Easter Christian monks in Egypt went into the desert for 40 days. Thus they wanted to honor the memory of Jesus Christ, who spent the same time.
On this day, everyone should let go of all resentment
Some of the monks did not return. They died in the sand, thirst or was torn to pieces by animals. Realizing that they won’t have to see loved ones, the monks asked for forgiveness from their loved ones and for yourself they are forgiven. Over time, this tradition passed into the Church services that were held in the temple.
How to learn to forgive wrongs – watch the video:
When Easter 2020 in Ukraine: main date of the Holy day
Generally, you need to know that forgiveness is the most important component of the Christian worldview. At the morning service this Sunday read aloud the passage from the gospel of Matthew. It says that if we forgive men their sins, then the Lord will forgive you.
What not to do in forgiveness Sunday 2020
- You can not engage in heavy physical labor, clean, do Laundry. At the same time allowed the cooking and pet care.
- From time immemorial people believed that on the evening of Forgiveness Sunday is a Terrible trial, so people tried not to leave home to remember their own sins and in any case not to drink alcohol.
- Is strictly prohibited to arrange the conflict to be angry at others, raise your voice, insult someone and myself to be offended.
Forgiveness is a major component of the Christian worldview
- In addition, on forgiveness Sunday, not eating meat. Also not too late to go to bed after midnight is a Great post.
- People’s intentions should be only positive and humane actions.
How to spend a holiday on March 1
- You have to be prepared for the fact that you need to forgive someone and let go of a grudge. Thus you will be free from mental worries and experiences.
- Preferably before the beginning of lent to hear confessions.
- Come to the cemetery where your friends and family, remembering them in prayer and kind words.
Earlier we have published the calendar of holidays in March 2020 in Ukraine. In addition, see a detailed calendar of food on all days of lent 2020.
All the details in a special topic Calendar winter holidays 2019/2020
Subscribe to our telegram
Only the most important and interesting