Psychologists say that we tend to overestimate their ability, so often risk to health.
Smart travelers also sometimes do stupid things. For example, taking selfies with wild animals or buy food in questionable eatery. Such experiments can end in tears.
“In General, people tend to overestimate their abilities and underestimate the risk in the journey,” says Tim Daniel (Tim Daniel), consultant at International SOS insurance for travelers.
There is such a thing as cognitive bias, i.e. systematic deviations in behavior due to subjective beliefs and stereotypes. In other words, when a person is in an unfamiliar city or country, that thinks and acts differently. For example, does not adhere to fire safety rules or driving while intoxicated.
Express info by country
Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the fifth among all the planets of the Solar system in size.
Age – 4.54 billion years
Average radius – 6 378,2 km
The average circumference – 030,2 40 km
Area – 072 510 million km2 (of 29.1 percent and 70.9% water)
The number of the continents – 6: Eurasia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia and Antarctica
The number of oceans – 4: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic
Population – 7.3 billion people (50.4% of men and 49.6% women)
The most densely populated States: Monaco (18 678 people/km2), Singapore (7607/km2) and the Vatican (1914/km2)
Number of countries: a total of 252 independent 195
The number of languages in the world – about 6,000
The number of official languages – 95; the most common are English (56 countries), French (29 countries) and Arabic (24 countries)
The number of nationalities – about 2 000
Climatic zones: Equatorial, tropical, temperate and Arctic (main) + sub-Equatorial, subtropical and subarctic (transitional)
According to Daniela, the journey desorientiert person. During the trip the brain is overloaded with new information, and it displaces existing skills. In the end, we focusareas not on those things and make the wrong choice.
Insurance companies say that over the past few years travellers have become more risk averse, and admit that the blame for the social network. Often people agree to rash acts only in order to share photos of their amazing adventures.
According to the American insurance corporations (American International Group), the most common cause of injury during travel is to drive potentially dangerous vehicles such as scooter, Segway and jet ski. Tourists often ride without helmets and the speed limit that causes accidents.
Another thing that can cost you your health and even life it self. In an attempt to make the perfect shot travelers often fall off cliffs, fall off balconies and piers or get to the nuts from wild animals.
10 most frequent causes of accidents during the journey:
- The management of such vehicles like mopeds, Segways, jet skis or scooters without the proper training and equipment.
- The abuse of alcohol. The fall is fraught with bodily injuries, and poor quality alcohol – poisoning.
- Beyond their physical abilities. If your knee hurts while walking the dog, you should not try to work around all of Paris in one day.
- Fall while boarding or disembarking from the transport. Entering the bus or sitting on the ferry, don’t forget to look under feet.
- Horse riding or close contact with animals.
- Ignoring existing diseases such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Disregard for the rules of hygiene.
- Self. No matter how beautiful in your imagination might be the frame, it’s not worth it to risk the health.
- Exotic cuisine can cause problems with digestion.
- Active or extreme forms of entertainment. If you have no climbing experience, it is not necessary to agree on climbing Kilimanjaro, even if you’re an experienced instructor.