Gabrielle Chanel turned the fashion world, and created timeless masterpieces
Edition Today Lifestyle
Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel.
One of the most famous designers of the XX century, Gabrielle Chanel on August 19, would have turned 135 years. She was born in the small French town of Saumur.
Also see our video story designer from Zhytomyr, which won the Monte Carlo:
In honor of the birthday Today.Lifestyle have compiled the most interesting facts from the life of the legendary woman with a capital letter in the fashion world.
1. The nickname “Coco”, which became her second name and part of a logo, she received in youth, when she sang in a cabaret. She performed the song Qui qu’a vu Coco, which got its nickname. To have survived rumors that the next friends called Coco Chanel not because of funny songs, but because of her cocaine addiction. In addition, every day Coco, I smoked up to 50 cigarettes a day!
2. The first boutique of ladies ‘ hats Chanel opened in Paris in 1910, But the real revolution began in 1913 in Deauville, where she created the first collection of sportswear.
Photo: Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Photo: GettyФото: Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Photo: GettyФото: Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Photo: GettyФото: Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Photo: GettyФото: Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Photo: GettyФото: Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Photo: Getty1/6
3. Coco Chanel dared to offer women to wear comfortable clothes made of Jersey material which had not been used before in high fashion and was considered fit only for men’s utilitarian things.
4. In 1921, Chanel produces perfume Chanel No. 5 that, in fact, was another revolution. Spirits were invented by her order, by perfumer Ernest Beaux. But few people know that Dmitri, grandson of Alexander II, introduced her to Ernest Beaux, former perfumer of the Royal court!
5. Chanel have also created a collection of jewelry Bijoux de Diamants in 1932, However, jewelry was created only once. Although pearls Chanel is one of the iconic elements of the style of Chanel, Gabrielle was very fond of jewelry.
6. After world war II, Chanel left France and went to Switzerland. In fact, after the occupation of France by the Nazis, Chanel closed all her shops. They say so far that during the Second world designer collaborated with the German intelligence service! At the age of 71, she returned because I was unhappy with how evolved the fashion of the time.
TOP quotes Coco Chanel: Neck – passport girls, and chest – passport
7. At the same time, she created yet another iconic garment – the tweed Chanel jacket. The recognizable silhouette remains one of the main sources of inspiration for the current head designer of the brand Karl Lagerfeld.
8. The main hit collection 1957 – two tone shoes. Like a tweed jacket, beige shoes with a black toe constantly appear in contemporary collections of the brand.
9. Another invention of the Chanel 2.55 bag that is still popular. And in February of 1955, introduced the handbag on a long chain.
“I’m tired of wearing handbags in your hands, besides, I always lose,” explained Chanel.
10. Fans invited Chanel style there are numerous stars. For example, a regular customer of Chanel was a German actress Romy Schneider. The Chanel suit was the first lady of the USA Jacqueline Kennedy on the day of the murder of her husband John Kennedy.
Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel died on 10 January 1971 In 1978, the history of Chanel continued with the creation of the first collection pret-a-porter. In 1983, the creative Director of Chanel Karl Lagerfeld becomes.
We will remind, the iconic designer has brought in the female pod little black dress and fitted jacket and bag on the chain and large jewelry, for example brooches. We remembered a key rule of the life of Coco Chanel.
Read the most important and interesting news in our Telegram