Servings : 6 | Preparation time : 15 min | Cooking time : 18 to 20 min
- 6 pork sausages in a honey and garlic (about 20 oz/625 g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 red onion, cut into slices 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into rings
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan of simmering water, poach the sausages for 10 minutes (do not boil). Drain the sausages to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, using a whisk, mix the oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the barbecue to medium power. Brush sausages with half of the vinaigrette. Put the sausages on an oiled grill of the barbecue, then close the lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the sausages are browned on the outside and well cooked on the inside. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, on metal skewers or wood previously soaked in water, skewer the onion rings. Brush the onion and peppers to the rest of the vinaigrette. Grill the vegetables on an oiled grill of the barbecue set at medium power for 10 minutes or until they are tender and marked. Serve the sausages reserved with the vegetables.
► Food waste, like onion skins, go to the compost bin.
Produce renewable natural gas with food waste, it may be! This is another good reason to use our compost bins.