Health Canada has proceeded Saturday to the recall of six disinfectants for the hands ethanol-based industrial quality, the use of which is banned in the country.
“The ethanol industrial grade contains impurities that are not present in the type of ethanol which has been approved for use in the manufacture of disinfectants for the hands, such as ethanol, technical grade, food or pharmaceutical,” explains Health Canada in a press release.
Chemicals the use of which may not have been approved for the manufacture of disinfectants for the hands are added to the ethanol, industrial-quality,” says the government authority.
Any person making use of an affected product should discontinue its use now and dispose of them according to “guidelines for municipal or regional disposal of chemicals and other hazardous waste”. The items can also be returned to the pharmacy
“The frequent use of these products can dry out the skin and cause irritation and cracking,” says one can read in the press release.
Here is the list of products subject to a recall :
- Eltraderm Hand Sanitizer – 70% Ethyl Alcohol to Eltraderm Limited (80098540 / lot 0217) whose expiration date is scheduled in April 2022
- Hand Sanitizer for Contract Packaging Distributions Inc. (80098453 / lots 8613026; 8613042; 8613048; 8613055; 8613057; 8613058; 8613061; 8613064; 8613066) whose expiration date is scheduled in April 2022
- Gel 700 Hand Sanitizer from Nature’s Own Cosmetic Company Inc. (80100166 / lots 8613026; 8613042; 8613048; 8613055; 8613057; 8613058; 8613061; 8613064; 8613066) in which the expiration date is set in may 2022
- Sanilabs Hand Sanitizer 70% Ethanol of Sanilabs Inc. (80098769 lots / 6069; 6075) whose expiration dates are set April 20, 2022 or on April 28, 2022
- Walker Emulsions Hand Sanitizer Walker Emulsions Ltd. (80098678 lots / 209638) have no expiry date on the label
- Hand Sanitizer Disinfectant for the hands of Walker Emulsions Lts. (80100040 / lot 210061) have no expiry date on the label