In all educational institutions of the region will be inspection of sanitary-hygienic and antiepidemic modes.
Cause of mass poisoning of students in school № 112 of the city of the Dnieper became norovirus infection. This was stated by Deputy head of Dnipropetrovsk oblast laboratory center Valentine Frisky during a meeting of the regional Commission on questions tekhnogenno-ecological safety and emergency situations, writes the Chronicle.info with reference to 112.ua.
“Acute intestinal infection, which is locally originated among the students of the Dnieper school No. 112, called norovirus. It’s not bacterial, and viral infection,” she explained.
She also said that neither bacterial nor viral infection was not detected in water samples and the environment of the school.Norovirus was the children and catering workers.
“In all educational institutions of the region will be inspection of sanitary-hygienic and antiepidemic modes. Experts will pay attention to hygiene, water quality, disinfection measures, the presence of medical workers”, – said the first Deputy Chairman of Dnipropetrovsk regional state administration Oleg Kuzman.
Norovirus, known as “the stomach flu”, characterized by symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, weakness, fever.