Junior Extra: lost ice advantage for the Océanic
Ranked third in the Eastern Conference of the QMJHL just two weeks ago, the Rimouski Océanic lost nine of its last 10 games of the season to slip to fifth place and lose the advantage of the ice for the first round of the playoffs. Serge Beausoleil's men will face the Saguenéens of Chicoutimi. In the regular season, the Océanic won its four home games against the “Sags”, but failed to win on the Olympic-sized ice of the Saguenéens.
They stood out
- 2 games < strong>| 0 goals | 2 assists | 2 points
- 2 games | 0 goals | 2 assists | 2 points
- 2 games | 0 goals | 1 assist | 1 dot
The 19-year-old goaltender earned his sixth shutout of the season on Sunday in a 1-0 shootout loss to the Remparts, which ranks him first in the QMJHL this season in that regard. This equals a team record set by Colten Ellis in 2018-19.
What They Said
“We finish the game with much disappointment. It was a very tight game. We gave them few things. »
– Head coach Serge Beausoleil after the loss to the Remparts.
“The players will have Sunday and Monday off. We'll take to the ice on Tuesday to begin our preparation for the series against the Sags. »
– Serge Beausoleil on the start of the series.
Schedule for the week
- Friday, March 31, 7:30 p.m., in Chicoutimi
- Saturday, April 1, 4 p.m., in Chicoutimi
- Tuesday April 4, 7 p.m., c. Chicoutimi