Junior Extra: the Saguenéens must keep the same energy
The dice are cast for the Saguenéens of Chicoutimi! Having finished fourth in the Eastern Conference with 70 points, the Saguenay team will cross swords with the Rimouski Oceanic in the first round of the playoffs. Even though they only got one point in two games against the Baie-Comeau Drakkar this weekend, the “Sags” will be able to benefit from the advantage of the ice to start the post-season tournament. However, Bleuets head coach Yanick Jean does not dwell too much on this aspect of the game and wants his troops to maintain the same energy as that maintained during the regular season.
They stood out
- 2 games < /strong>| 2 goals | 1 assist | 3 points
- 2 matches |1 goal | 2 assists | 3 points
- 2 games | 1 goal | 1 pass | 2 points
Unsurprisingly, the third-overall pick at the last auction finished the season first among rookies with 62 points, including 29 goals, in 65 games.
What they said
“We turn the page, the regular season is over. I think our players have done a very consistent job of finishing where we are. At the start of the year, I wanted us to lower our heads, play 68 games, and then get up to see where we were. »
– Head coach Yanick Jean ahead of the playoffs.
“It's rare that you bring in 20-year-old players and they correspond to your culture. They've been very good to the rest of us, not just on the ice, but also as individuals. »
– Yanick Jean on his 20-year-old players.
< h3>The schedule for the week
- Friday, March 31, 7:30 p.m., c. Rimouski
- Saturday, April 1, 4 p.m., c. Rimouski
- Tuesday, April 4, 7 p.m., in Rimouski