Lionel Messi has beaten its eternal rival Cristiano Ronaldo, holder currently “only” 5 Golden Ball. Whereas last year, CR7 was finishing 2nd in the ranking, this year is the attacker Portuguese Juventus Turin arrives 3rd. Virgil van Dijk, the Dutch defender of Liverpool, has been dethroned by arriving in 2nd position just behind the winner.
Luka Modric gives the Ball Gold 2019, Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi awarded the Ballon d’or 2019 : he beats his rival Cristiano Ronaldo with this 6th price
And receive a 6th Golden Ball, Lionel Messi became the football player the most award-winning Story in front of Cristiano Ronaldo but also Marco Van Basten, Michel Platini. As was relayed to France Info, when its new coronation, the winner said on stage “As said my wife, must never cease to dream”. “I’m glad to write history,” he added, “I still have great years ahead of me”.
“Every time it is a joy to receive this award,” he also stated to France Football, “today, I am at a particular moment of my career and my life. I have three children, so I can share with them this award, and to enjoy it with. I spoke with Thiago, my biggest (7 years, editor’s note). This is the first today who understands and is aware of what that may mean this price”.
On his side, Matthijs de Ligt has succeeded Kylian Mbappé, winning the trophy Raymond Kopa the best young under 21 years of age. As for the player of PSG and Blue, this year it is the 1st French ranking, occupying the 6th place.
The complete ranking of the Golden Ball in 2019 :
1. Lionel Messi (ARG, FC Barcelona)
2. Virgil van Dijk (HOL, Liverpool)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (POR, Juventus Turin)
4. Sadio Mané (SEN, Liverpool)
5. Mohamed Salah (EGY, Liverpool)
6. Kylian Mbappé (FRA, PSG)
7. Alisson (BRE, Liverpool)
8. Robert Lewandowski (POL, Bayern Munich)
9. Bernardo Silva (POR, Manchester City)
10. Riyad Mahrez (ALG, Manchester City)
11. Frenkie de Jong (HOL, Ajax Amsterdam and FC Barcelona)
12. Raheem Sterling (ENGLAND, Manchester City)
13. Eden Hazard (BEL, Chelsea and then Real Madrid)
14. Kevin de Bruyne (BEL, Manchester City)
15. Matthijs De Ligt (HOL, Ajax Amsterdam and Juventus Turin)
16. Sergio Agüero (ARGENTINA, Manchester City)
17. Roberto Firmino (BRE, Liverpool)
18. Antoine Griezmann (FRA, Atlético de Madrid and FC Barcelona)
28. Joao Felix (POR, Benfica and Atlético de Madrid) / Marquinhos (BRE, PSG) / Donny van de Beek (HOL, Ajax Amsterdam)
An evening with many guests
Outside of sports, there were also other types of stars at the event, which was held in the French capital. Caroline Receveur and Hugo Philip had come in love, without their baby Marlon, Yoann Riou, a columnist for the string Team and former candidate for Dancing with the stars 10 on TF1 was also of the party, just as the presenter Estelle Denis and his companion, the former footballer and the coach of the team of France (now consultant TV) Raymond Domenech.
The side of the athletes, there was of course Lionel Messi, his wife and their two eldest sons, Kylian Mbappé, Antoine Griezmann, Luka Modric, Marquinhos, Virgil van Dijk and his wife or Matthijs de Ligt and his girlfriend.
Caroline Receveur and Hugo Philip at the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Yoann Riou at the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Estelle Denis et Raymond Domenech to the award ceremony of the Golden Ball in 2019
Lionel Messi and his wife Antonella Roccuzzo and their two eldest sons at the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Kylian Mbappé to the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Antoine Griezmann at the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Luka Modric at the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Marquinhos at the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Didier Drogba and Sandy Heribert, leaders of the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Virgil van Dijk and his wife Rike Nooitgedagt to the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019
Matthijs de Ligt and his girlfriend to the ceremony of the Ballon d’or 2019