That in no event it is impossible to do on Maundy Thursday: the main prohibitions of the holiday
Edition Today Lifestyle
What not to do on Maundy Thursday: special day bans
Maundy Thursday 2019 will come on 25 April, exactly three days before the celebration of Easter. This is an important day of Holy week for Orthodox Christians. In people, this day is called Clean, because before Easter it is customary to clean the soul with prayer, and the body of water.
Church holidays and posts in April 2019
We have already talked about the history of the day of Maundy Thursday, and the main traditions and rituals of the holiday. Today let’s talk about the main taboos of the day. What not to do on Maundy Thursday, so as not to scare luck and prosperity, to preserve the health in the family and prosperity at home, read our article.
Maundy Thursday 2019: what not to do in this day and why:
- On Maundy Thursday in churches to remember the passion of Christ, and therefore prohibited the fun, feast, songs and dances.
- Also on this day, as throughout Holy week, the churches conduct rites of baptism, wedding and do not spend birthdays and not spend other holidays – it is considered a great sin.
- On Maundy Thursday you can’t leave the house dirty, otherwise the whole year will pass in the dirt and quarrels.
- Conducted after General cleaning on Maundy Thursday in the house and in the garden can not be removed until Easter – people believed that otherwise it is possible to “put the COP in the eye lying in the tomb of Christ.”
- In dirty water after cleaning the house all washed away accumulated negative energy, and therefore it should not be poured within the home, and it is better to throw out there, where nothing grows.
- In any case, do not leave unwashed dishes and linen soaked with Pure Thursday the next day, Good Friday.
- Not to cook Easter cakes and other edibles for the feast, until the house is thoroughly cleaned and put in order.
- On Maundy Thursday begins the preparation for Easter: bake cakes, prepare cold snacks and cold treats. But since lent is still ongoing, a sample with this food is strictly prohibited.
- It is believed that on this day you can not give anything valuable from the house and to borrow money, because together with the values you can give and well-being.
Earlier we have published the calendar of Easter year by year: how to calculate carry-over holidays.
Watch the video about how much it will cost an Easter basket this year:
Read the most important and interesting news on our pages Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, Instagram