Learn about the most important festivals and events of may 6 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
Today – may 6
Today is the 126th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 239 days. Birthdays – Anatoly, George (Yuriy, Yegor), Alexander.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate on may 6, 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for may 6.
What a holiday today: 6 may
On this day the Orthodox believers venerate the memory of St. George. During the reign of the Emperor Diocletian, he suffered for his faith – after eight days of tortures was beheaded.
Before his death, St. George was able to easily destroy the idols in the temple of Apollo and to Christianize the wife of the Emperor Alexander. This Saint was credited with the victory over the serpent that ravaged the land. This story is known to everyone.
Signs for may 6
- To swear and shout at Yuri’s impossible, and that the storm will kill you.
- Heavy rain is – a lot of grass will increase.
- Mosquitoes in flocks astray – warming.
- To see the morning dew – for a good harvest of millet.
- Frost on the trees – to the rich harvest of buckwheat.
- Rain – for a great harvest of cereal crops, but buckwheat will not grow this year.
- Calm clear morning – a good sign. Early crops – a good harvest from them will be excellent.
- If from 6 to 7 may, the night is warm, the bread will ripen before the first frost.
- South wind – to the rich harvest, North to early frosts in the fall.
- Mistress for a night posted outside a wet towel. If by morning it’s dry, the cucumbers this year will be a lot.
Interesting and important events in history on may 6
1833 – in the United States made the first steel plow.
1889 – in Paris, completed the construction of the Eiffel tower.
1953 – the surgeon John Gibbon from Philadelphia (USA) was first successfully used the apparatus “artificial heart-lungs”.
1994 – inaugurated the Eurotunnel between France and England under the English channel.
1998 – new capital of Kazakhstan, Akmola was renamed to Astana. Earlier this city was called Akmolinsk and Tselinograd.
2007 – in France in the second round of the presidential elections won Nicolas Sarkozy.
Who was born on may 6 in the world
1758 – Maximilien Robespierre, leader of the French revolution;
1856 – Sigmund Freud, Austrian psychiatrist and psychologist, founder of psychoanalysis;
1868 – Gaston Leroux, French writer, whose novel “the phantom of the Opera” was screened by 8 times;
1922 – Vladimir Etush, actor, teacher, people’s artist of the USSR;
1961 – George Clooney, American actor and Director, winner of “Oscar” and “Golden globe”.
We will remind, Today, wrote about weekends and holidays in may 2019 in Ukraine. Earlier we told you when the funeral days in 2019 after Easter.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
Read the most important and interesting news in our Telegram