Learn about the most important holidays and events October 11 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
11 Oct celebrate international day of the girl child
October 11 is the international day of the girl child(International Day of the Girl Child), which was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in December 2011 (resolution 66/170) in recognition of the rights of girls. In addition, October 11 – world egg day (World Egg Day), the world day against obesity, the festival of light in Berlin, the Day of the Republic of Bashkortostan. Name – Alexander, Vyacheslav, Egor, George, Anna, Maria, Tatiana.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate 11 Oct 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for October 11.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
What is the Orthodox holiday of 11 October do’s and don’ts
Folk calendar today says Ilya Muromets. This day is considered unlucky. People have tried unnecessarily to leave their homes because they believed that on October 11 they can easily jinx. The villagers tried today not to eat any berries, because they were convinced that three days before the feast of Elijah spits at them the devil himself, and so they can cause serious illness. The day is usually devoted to home Affairs, but to sweep and to wash dirty linen in public was forbidden.
Signs on Oct 11
- Hares on 11 October has still not changed its color – winter will be warm.
- North wind on Ilya Muromets promised a cold winter.
- Dry leaves falling backs for a good harvest next year.
October 11: the most important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1881 – American David Houston patented the first film.
- 1887 – American inventor Thomas Edison patented the electric machine for counting votes.
- 1891 – in Stockholm began to work the first ethnographic Museum under the open sky.
- 1921 – Ukrainian Orthodox Synod in Kiev has been created independent of Russian Orthodox Church Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC).
- 1931 the Council of people’s Commissars of the USSR have completely banned private property.
- 1938 – the Central government of the Czechoslovak Republic adopted the government of Carpatho-Ukraine.
- 1939 – Stalin on the Central street of Artema introduced the first trolleybus line.
- 1949 – the 3rd General Assembly of the world medical Association adopted the first international code of medical ethics.
- 1980 – Soviet cosmonauts Valery Ryumin and Leonid Popov return to Earth after a record of the duration of the 185-day stay aboard the station “Salyut”.
- 1984 – American Kathryn Sullivan became the second woman in the world who has committed a spacewalk.
Who was born on the 11th of October
- 1672 the Hetman of Zaporizhia army, author of the first Ukrainian Constitution Pylyp Orlik.
- 1738 – the first Governor of Australia, Arthur Phillip.
- 1885 – a French writer, Nobel prize laureate françois Mauriac.
- 1918 – American film Director and choreographer Jerome Robbins.
- 1942 – Ukrainian writer and politician Volodymyr Yavorivskyi.
- 1966 – American actor Luke Perry.
- 1983 – Ukrainian chess player Ruslan Ponomariov, the world champion in chess 2002 the FIDE.
Earlier we talked about holidays and celebrations in October 2019 in Ukraine. In addition, the “Today” published the first half of 2019, the signs of the zodiac, and also wrote on auspicious lunar days in October 2019.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.