Learn about the most important holidays and events October 13 in history
13 Oct Day artist of Ukraine 2019
Every year on the second Sunday of October (October 13, 2019) celebrate the Day artist of Ukraine 2019. This professional holiday was established by presidential decree of 9 October 1998. 13 October – Day of workers of the state sanitary and epidemiological service of Ukraine, the international day for disaster risk reduction and the day of workers of culture of Belarus. Birthdays – Gregory and Michael.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate on 13 October 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for October 13.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
Some Orthodox holiday on 13 October and how to spend the day
According to popular calendar today is the day Gregory. This day was used in order to change the old straw in the pillows and mattresses. The peasants burned it, thereby giving the course of the winter. On the eve of the feast of the Intercession of the mistress was cleaning the houses and tidied the yard. For Gregory, it was the custom to pour on the doorstep of children with water through a sieve. This should protect them from diseases.
Signs for October 13
- Snow October 13 – the winter will come soon.
- The cranes have flown to Gregory winter will be cold.
- Dry snow sprinkles on Gregory – summer will be warm.
October 13: the most important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1582 most Catholic countries changed Julian calendar to Gregorian.
- 1675 – a physicist from the Netherlands, Christiaan Huygens patented a pocket watch.
- 1792 – in Washington, construction began on the White house.
- 1875 – opened the Chernivtsi University.
- 1884 – Greenwich is approved as a place of passage of the zero Meridian.
- 1900 – published the main book of Sigmund Freud’s “Interpretation of dreams”.
- 1938 – Russian poet Osip Mandelstam taken to a labor camp.
- 1957 – the Soviet Union launched the first artificial Earth satellite.
- 1968 – the Soviet Union was the first flight of passenger aircraft Tu-154.
- 1987 – in the Persian Gulf the us Navy for the first time in the world has used dolphins for military purposes.
- 1999 – in France allowed same-sex marriages.
Who was born on the 13th of October
- 1880 – Russian poet Sasha Cherny.
- 1921 – French actor and singer Yves Montand.
- 1923 – Ukrainian historian, Hero of Ukraine Mykhailo Sikorsky.
- 1925 – Prime Minister of great Britain (1979-1900) Margaret Thatcher. She became the first woman to hold the post.
- 1933 – Russian Director mark Zakharov.
- 1971 – the Ukrainian footballer Mykhaylo Starostyak.
- 1980 – British boxer David Haye.
Earlier we talked about holidays and celebrations in October 2019 in Ukraine. In addition, the “Today” published the first half of 2019, the signs of the zodiac, and also wrote on auspicious lunar days in October 2019.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.