Learn about the most important holidays and events on October 15 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
October 15, we celebrate the day of Justina and Cyprian
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, celebrating international day of rural women (International Day of Rural Women). This date is to remind the public how much it owes to rural women how valuable their work is. 15 October is global handwashing day (Global Handwashing Day), which was first held in 2008 in the framework proclaimed by the General Assembly of the United Nations and the international white cane day (International White Cane Safety Day). In Bosnia Herzegovina – independence day in South Korea – the liberation day. Birthdays – Andrew, Anna (Anna), David Kasyan, Konstantin, Cuprian, Ustina.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate 15 Oct 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for October 15.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
What holiday is October 15, and what not to do
According to popular calendar today is the day Justina and Cyprian. October 15 was considered a miserable day, because people believed that it becomes especially active today, the impure force that can drive a person to suicide.
The peasants believed that evil spirits can take on different shape, so was especially cautious of strangers and animals that had wandered into the house.
Signs on 15 Oct
- Heavy rain on 15 October – the winter is cold.
- October 15 fall leaves – will soon hit the first real frost.
- The snow fell October 15 – after 40 days there will come a real winter.
October 15: the most important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1583 – Ukrainian lands in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth switched from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar.
- 1615 – founded the Kyiv Epiphany Brotherhood, which in 1701 will be transformed into the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.
- 1815 – the beginning of the exile of Napoleon to St. Helena.
- 1917 – the French shot 41-year-old Dutch dancer Mata Hari, accused of spying for Germany.
- 1926 – was opened in Kiev Russian drama theatre (now named after Lesya Ukrainka).
- 1932 – resolution Central was established in Chernihiv oblast.
- Born in 1959 in Munich, killed the leader of the organization of Ukrainian nationalists (OUN) 50-year-old Stepan Bandera.
- 1964 – introduced the world’s largest oil pipeline “Druzhba”.
- 1981 – founded by American band Metallica.
- 2000 – the Paris open Wall of love.
- 2003 – people’s Republic of China became the third country after the USSR and the USA, which has successfully sent man into space. The spacecraft “Shenzhou-5” brought to the earth’s orbit astronaut Yang Livea.
Who was born on 15 Oct
- 1608 – author of the mercury barometer, Evangelista Italian mathematician Torricelli.
- 1814 – Russian poet Mikhail Lermontov.
- 1844 – German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.
- 1860 – Ukrainian writer Sofia tobilevich.
- 1897 – writer-humorist Ilya Ilf.
- 1905 – the Ukrainian analyst Anatoly Bobkov.
- 1948 – Irish singer Chris de Burgh.
- 1960 – doctor and TV host Eugene Komorowski.
- 1976 – Russian singer Nikolay Baskov.
Earlier we talked about holidays and celebrations in October 2019 in Ukraine. In addition, the “Today” published the first half of 2019, the signs of the zodiac, and also wrote on auspicious lunar days in October 2019.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.