Learn about the most important holidays and events October 3 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
3 Oct celebrate the day of Astaria
3 Oct – 276 th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 89 days. Nameday: Ekaterina, Mikhail, Oleg, Teresa Fedor. Every year on 3 October in many countries, carried out activities in the framework of the world day of sobriety and combating alcoholism. In addition, in Germany celebrate the Day of German unity or German unity Day (Tag der deutschen Einheit). 3 October 1990 was the reunion of West and East Germany. South Korea – national Foundation Day.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate 3 October 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs on 3 October.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
October 3: what holiday do’s and don’ts
According to popular calendar today is the day of Astaria. This day was to chop the cabbage, because right now she was especially tasty. Also today, the celebrated Melnikov, who according to popular belief, associated with evil spirits. Therefore, people have tried unnecessarily not to go near the mills, especially if they were neglected and abandoned.
Signs on October 3
- North wind October 3 – the cold is coming and if the wind blows from the South, then there will be many warm days.
- The West wind heralds the wet weather and precipitation, and the East – heavy rains.
- Web 3 Oct flying and the fog is the autumn will be warm and winter will come soon.
- Many of the cones on the lower branches of spruce – wait for the early frosts.
- If more cones at the top, then, in accordance with signs of the cold is the end of winter. If the person was born on 3 October, his mascot is jade.
October 3: important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1621 – the victory of troops under the leadership of Sahaidachny Khotin.
- 1812 – in the Crimea laid Nikitsky Botanical garden.
- 1863 – U.S. President Lincoln declared the last Thursday of each November thanksgiving.
- 1906 – the international distress signal was approved by the SOS (previously operated signal CQD).
- 1925 – opening of the Kharkov state Opera and ballet theatre.
- 1945 – established by the world Federation of trade unions.
- 1952 – the United Kingdom tested its first nuclear bomb.
- 1952 – in Los Angeles made the first video recording on magnetic tape.
- 1973 – in Kiev opened a monument to the poetess Lesya Ukrainka.
- 1990 – completed the process of unification of East and West Germany, is celebrated as the Day of German unity.
Who was born 3 Oct
- 1803 – the American physician John gorrie, who received the first U.S. patent for mechanical refrigerator.
- 1867 – French painter, post impressionist Pierre Bonnard.
- 1883 – the famous Ukrainian ballerina IDA Rubinstein.
- 1886 – Ukrainian and American fashion designer, author of the stage costumes for film and ballet, co-author of modern tutu Varvara Karinskaya.
- 1895 – Russian poet Sergei Yesenin.
- 1899 – Henry Larsen, a canadian Navigator, who was the first to sail the Northwest by sea from West to East.
- 1935 – Soviet film and theater actor Armen Dzhigarkhanyan.
- 1935 – American astronaut walked on the moon, Charles Duke.
- 1969 – American singer Gwen Stefani.
- 1976 is a Ukrainian swimmer, honored master of sports of Ukraine, Olympic medalist Denis Silantiev.
- 1984 is an American singer, songwriter and actress ashlee Simpson.
- 1989 – Ukrainian biathlete, skier, medalist of the Paralympic games Maxim Yarovoy.
Earlier we talked about holidays and celebrations in October 2019 in Ukraine. In addition, the “Today” published the first half of 2019, the signs of the zodiac, and also wrote on auspicious lunar days in October 2019.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.