Learn about the most important holidays and events on October 6 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
6 Oct celebrate teacher’s Day, 2019 in Ukraine
October 6 – 249th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 116 days. Birthdays – Arseny (Arsen), Eutyches, George (Yuriy, Yegor), Peter. In Swaziland celebrate independence Day to Chile – Day of national unity, and in Pakistan, celebrating the Day of defence. In Ukraine – teacher’s Day 2019.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate 6 October 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for October 6.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
What a holiday today 6 October and what not to do
October 6 in the national calendar – day of the Iraida. In this time began to heat the oven. It is believed that today it is necessary to heat the house, insulate it, or go for firewood. People were convinced that it would help to keep the house warm during the winter.
Also, it was the custom on this day to predict his fate. People went to the confluence of two rivers, gaining there two pitchers of water equally. If the water is first evaporated from the jar, drawn from a long and deep river, the human problems will persist for years. Such people in the village called people and tried to stay away from them in order not to bring trouble on yourself.
Signs for October 6
- Lots of nuts – winter will be fierce.
- High weeds promised a snowy winter.
- If 6 Oct clearly heard the cry of geese, soon the frosts hit
October 6: important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1701 the Kyiv – Mohyla Collegium received the status of Academy.
- 1768 began the Russo-Turkish war ended with the signing of the 1774 Kuchuk Kainarji, in which the Russian Empire had free access to the Black sea.
- 1829 – first trial run from Manchester to Liverpool has carried out a locomotive “Rocket”, built by English inventor George. Stephenson.
- 1911 – between Japan and California carried out a session of the transatlantic radio communications.
- 1917 took place the I all-Ukrainian Congress of the society “Prosvita”.
- 1927 – in new York the premiere of the first sound film.
- 1948 – Ashgabat was one of the most powerful earthquakes in the world that caused great casualties. Now in Turkmenistan to this day is the Day of commemoration.
- 1975 – Dynamo Kyiv won the UEFA super Cup at the club “Bavaria” (Munich) in the second match 2: 0 (1: 0).
Who was born on the 6th of October
- 1459 German geographer, inventor of the globe Martin Behaim.
- 1732 – English astronomer Neville Maskelyne, who first measured the distance from the Earth to the Sun.
- 1940 – Russian actor Viktor Pavlov.
- 1835 – Lviv sculptor Leonard Marconi.
- 1881 – Ukrainian playwright Ivan Kocherga.
- 1914 – Norwegian ethnographer and writer, Thor Heyerdahl.
- 1931–, American astrophysicist, Nobel laureate Riccardo Giacconi.
- 1971 is a Ukrainian fencer, Olympic champion Vadim Gutzeit.
Earlier we talked about holidays and celebrations in October 2019 in Ukraine. In addition, the “Today” published the first half of 2019, the signs of the zodiac, and also wrote on auspicious lunar days in October 2019.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.