Sacred figures male and female price-Artis in 2019, Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse, and Gildor Roy will have the chance to defend their titles this year. The two actors are part of the finalists for the prestigious trophy, reveals the list of nominations finally published by TVA.
Leader of Revolution and star of the up-Country, Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse will Véronique Cloutier, Mélissa Désormeaux-Poulin, Julie Le Breton and By Morin. Big Surprise : the name Guylaine Tremblay is absent. This is the first time since 2012 that the actress was a favourite of Quebec is not cited in this category.
In men, Gildor Roy will try to win the top honours in front of Charles Lafortune, Claude Legault, Jay Temple and Michel Charette.
It is unclear when and how the winners will be announced. In a press release, TVA indicates, however, that they will receive their trophies “in a formula, intimate and different” that will comply with the government guidelines.
Let us recall that at the beginning of the month of march, the network had torpedoed the ceremony that had to fly By Morin and Jean-Philippe Dion due to the coronavirus. But since the surveys were completed, the management of VAT has decided to proceed with the unveiling of the named.
A loyal audience
A brief overview of the finalists of 2020 in the price Artis is enough to see the loyalty of the people of quebec. Fifteen stars have now crossed the milestone of 15 appointments and career, including Pierre Bruneau, Guy A. Lepage, Marina Orsini, and Anne Dorval.
In spite of this hold, six personalities have managed to get a first appointment at the appointment : Kim Grenier (Artist of children’s programming for Passe-Partout), Jean-Charles Lajoie (Leader of sports programming), Pierre-Yves Lord (Host of game shows for 100 geniuses and Memorable), Elijah Patrice-Baudelot, who interpreted the young autistic child in Amber Alert, François Sanchez (Facilitator of public affairs programming for The invoice) and Catherine St-Laurent, who portrays the sergente-detective Noélie St-Hilaire in District 31.
The effect of District 31
Speaking of District 31, the public enthusiasm surrounding the daily Luc Dionne continues to operate since its actors occupy four of the five spaces reserved for the finalists in the male Role/drama series annual : Michel Charette, Gildor Roy, Vincent-Guillaume Otis) and Sébastien Delorme. Roy Dupuis avoids the sweep by picking up a nomination for the Whole of life, the series that marked his comeback to the small screen in September.
Michel Charette is also named for The up-country (male Role/series seasonal), Gildor Roy for Letting go (actor/comedy) and Vincent-Guillaume Otis for Ruptures (male Role/series seasonal).
On the side of the networks, Radio-Canada (ICI Télé, RDI, ARTV, Tou.tv and Explora) starts the race for trophies in a good position with 38 nominations in 16 categories, just in front of the VAT, which in harvest 34 with the help of LCN, Club illico, TVA Sports and MOI & CIE. Télé-Québec (5), VRAK (4), RDS (3) and V (2) close the ranks.
Female personality of the year
- Véronique Cloutier
- Mélissa Désormeaux-Poulin
- Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse
- Julie Le Breton
- By Morin
Male personality of the year
- Michel Charette
- Charles Lafortune
- Jay Temple
- Claude Legault
- Gildor Roy
Actress/drama series seasonal
- Mélissa Désormeaux-Poulin (Breaks, Epidemic)
- Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse (The countries above)
- Julie Le Breton (Epidemic)
- Sophie Prégent (Amber Alert)
- Ludivine Reding (Unfortunate Tendency To Run Away, Cerebrum)
Actor/drama series seasonal
- Michel Charette (The countries above)
- Patrick Huard (The Honorable)
- Claude Legault (Cerebrum)
- Vincent-Guillaume Otis (Breaks)
- Elijah Patrice-Baudelot (Amber Alert)
Actress/drama series annual
- Hélène Bourgeois-Leclerc (Whole life)
- Maude Guérin (5e – rank)
- Marina Orsini (another story)
- Julie Perreault (The Breakaway)
- Catherine St-Laurent (District 31)
Actor/drama series annual
- Michel Charette (District 31)
- Sébastien Delorme (District 31)
- Roy Dupuis (the Whole life)
- Vincent-Guillaume Otis (District 31)
- Gildor Roy (District 31)
- Anne-Élisabeth Bossé (In any case)
- Anne Dorval (Leo)
- Katherine Levac (Like me)
- Catherine-Anne Toupin (Boomerang)
- Guylaine Tremblay (In any case)
- Antoine Bertrand (Boomerang)
- Fabien Cloutier (Leo)
- Marc Labrèche (Leo)
- François Morency (Discussions with my parents)
- Gildor Roy (Letting go)
Facilitator/Presenter of variety shows or entertainment
- France Beaudoin (live from the universe)
- Jean-René Dufort (Infoman, The large lab)
- Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse (Revolution)
- Charles Lafortune (The Voice, Let loose)
- By Morin (Studio G)
Presenter/Moderator of cultural magazines and talk shows
- Guy A. Lepage (everyone talks about)
- France Beaudoin (For take out)
- Julie Bélanger (It ends well the week)
- Véronique Cloutier (1st time, Mirror)
- Julie Snyder (week 4 Julie)