Outdoor public spaces, such as outdoor swimming pools and playsets parks are now open, and this, throughout Quebec.
The minister of Health and social Services, Danielle McCann, and the minister of municipal Affairs and Housing, Andrée Laforest, made the announcement on Saturday, in a press release.
“This measure is intended to offer citizens the opportunity to cool off, between others, in the context of extreme heat events that are currently living in several regions of Quebec. The places referred to are the indoor pools, public wading pools outside public, the sanitary units of these facilities, as well as the modules of games located in public parks,” says-t-on.
“The accessibility of such facilities for the summer period that is beginning is important and the current conditions, combined with the respect for health rules, the permit now,” argued the minister of municipal Affairs and Housing, Andrée Laforest.
The authorities recall the following measures:
- wash hands frequently with soap and water, for twenty seconds, especially when it comes to the outside;
- disinfect hands with an alcohol-based solution if you do not have access to running water or soap;
- keep a distance of two metres, with other people, or if this is not possible, wear a cover face, particularly in public transport;
- avoid any gathering procedure;
- for any gathering in a private place outside, respect to the maximum of 10 people. It is strongly recommended that they be from a maximum of three different addresses.