Rocket: a spectacular comeback is not enough

Rocket: a spectacular comeback is not enough


The Laval Rocket gave fans a rollercoaster of emotions in a 5-4 overtime loss to the Manitoba Moose at Place Bell.&nbsp ;

The Laval team trailed 4-1 with five minutes left in the third period. 

It was Quebec's Rafaël Harvey-Pinard who forced the additional engagement with 25 seconds to go by completing the comeback of three nets. Before this game, the Rocket worked very hard to come back from behind by throwing 18 times towards the opposing cage during the last twenty minutes.

Captain Alex Belzile had taken matters into his own hands by scoring two goals in the third period. For his part, defender Corey Schueneman followed the example by signaling himself with a good shot from the point which escaped goalkeeper Arvid Holm.

Those efforts were annihilated by Jansen Harkins who gave the victory over the visitors in overtime.

A difficult return for Primeau

Cayden Primeau's return to the game after a month of absence has probably not happened not unfolded as he imagined.

Number 31 looked shaky and it was foiled five times in 35 occasions.

It was in the second period that the chain landed. Evan Polei first served two cups of coffee, one to defender Olivier Galipeau and the second to Primeau. As if that wasn't enough, less than two minutes later, Wyatt Bongiovanni walked down the ramp to the left. Seeing that he had no defensive pressure, he made the decision to fire a shot that went smoothly between Primeau's pads to give his team a three-goal lead.

More early in the game, the goalkeeper felt generous from the first moments of the match by playing the role of late Santa Claus. The American recovered the puck in front of his net and, wanting to clear the disc, he dropped it by handing it directly to Dominic Toninato who did not miss such an opportunity.

Daniel Torgersson completed the score for the visitors.

The Rocket will play their next game in Toronto against the Marlies on Sunday.