Learn about the most important festivals and events of 10 September in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
Folk calendar today commemorates Anna Savva
Today, September 10, 253 day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 112 days. Birthdays – Anna (Anna), Anatoly, Athanasius, Benjamin, Gregory, Zachary, Ignat (Ignat), Hilarion Joseph (Joseph, Joseph), Leonty, Makar, Nestor. International day of remembrance of the victims of fascism, world suicide prevention day, Gibraltar celebrated national day.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate on 10 September 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for September 10.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
September 10: what holiday and how to spend the day
Folk calendar today commemorates Anna and Sava. In the villages continued recent work on the harvest – people were brought in from the fields sheaves, gathered apples, cleaned hemp, completed the sowing of winter wheat. September 10, prayed and asked to heal a person from drinking, and conducted high-profile fairs. In addition, on 10 September in Orthodox Church is celebrated the celebration in honor of the finding of the relics of venerable job of Pochaev.
Signs on 10 September
- If September 10 is dry, the frost will come soon.
- Geese and cranes have not departed winter will be warm.
- Thunderstorms – warm autumn.
Sep 10: important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1588 – the English Navigator Thomas Cavendish returned from the third expedition around the world.
- 1839 – founded in Moscow Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
- 1856 ended the Crimean war.
- 1894 in London imposed the first penalty on the driver who operated the vehicle while intoxicated.
- 1939 – Canada declared war on Nazi Germany.
- 1977 in France for the last time as the instruments of execution was the guillotine used.
- 1993 – on the screens out the first season of the cult TV series “Secret materials”.
- 1988 – German tennis player Steffi Graf won the Grand slam, becoming the second tennis player who managed to achieve such a result.
Who was born September 10,
- 1638 – Maria Theresa, the Spanish, the daughter of king Philip IV of Spain and Elizabeth French.
- 1839 American philosopher, mathematician, and founder of pragmatism Charles Sanders pierce.
- 1854 – the Ukrainian philanthropist Ivan Tereshchenko.
- 1892 – American physicist, Nobel laureate Arthur Compton.
- 1894 – Ukrainian film Director and writer Alexander Dovzhenko.
- 1899 – the famous Soviet actor, who became famous thanks to the ability to read people’s thoughts, wolf messing.
Earlier we told you about auspicious lunar days in September 2019. In addition, we wrote about the weekend days and holidays in September 2019 in Ukraine.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important and interesting news in our Telegram