Learn about the most important holidays and events on September 17 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
According to folk calendar September 17 – Onion day
Today, September 17, the 260th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year remained 105 days. Birthday – Theodore and Julian. Annually on 17 November in Ukraine celebrates the Day of the rescuer – the professional holiday of all employees of the Ministry of emergency situations established by the presidential decree of 12 September 2008. In addition, 17 September – the international day of students in the United States celebrate citizenship Day, in the Marshall Islands – the independence Day in Angola – Day heroes.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate on 17 September 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for September 17.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
September 17: today was a holiday and how to spend the day
According to folk calendar September 17 – Onion a day or the burning Bush. It was thought that today we need to pray before this icon to protect your house from fire and lightning. Women September 17, removed the bow and tried as quickly as possible to finish all the field work, because soon it could hit the first frosts. Men in this day with a pitchfork bypassed the hay and stuck them in sheaves to drive away all evil, that there could hide.
Signs on 17 September:
- A lot of skins on the onions – to the cold winter.
- A Rowan – winter is frosty.
- If the rain started today in the morning, how long he will last.
September 17: the most important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1924 – Geneva, opened the world’s first private international school, which at that time studied 8 people.
- 1939 – the Soviet Union entered the Second world war by invading Poland under the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.
- 1944 – the allies launched a Dutch airborne operation, the largest airborne operation in world history.
- 1976 – during a ceremony in California, the us space Agency NASA has presented its first space Shuttle – enterprise.
- 1983 – at the annual beauty pageant Vanessa Williams won the title “Miss America” and became the first black woman to receive this award for the 62-year history of the competition.
- 1988 – in South Korea’s capital Seoul at the Olympic stadium in front of 100 million viewers opened the XXIV summer Olympic games.
- 1989 – in Chernivtsi began the 1st Republican festival of Ukrainian song “Chervona Ruta”.
Who was born on 17 September
- 1832 – Russian physician Sergei Botkin.
- 1857 – Russian scientist of Polish descent, pioneer of Astronautics Konstantin Tsiolkovsky.
- 1864 – the writer, public figure, classic of Ukrainian literature Mykhailo Kotsyubinsky.
- 1901 – the English traveler Francis Chichester.
- 1908 – American writer John Creasy.
- 1939 – Russian actor, film Director, laureate of “Oscar” Vladimir Menshov.
- 1952 – the Ukrainian boxer, two-time Olympic medalist Viktor Savchenko.
Earlier we told you about auspicious lunar days in September 2019. In addition, we wrote about the weekend days and holidays in September 2019 in Ukraine.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.