Learn about the most important holidays and events on September 19 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
September 19, Orthodox Christians celebrate mykhailove Chudo 2019
September 19, the 262nd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 103 days. Birthdays – Arkhip, David, Xeno, Cyril, Makar and Michael. In Chile celebrate the day of the army of the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis – independence Day. Orthodox Ukrainians celebrate mykhailove Chudo 2019.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate 19 September 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs for September 19.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
September 19: what a holiday today and how to spend the day
According to folk calendar September 19 – mykhailove Chudo 2019. People have tried all the work to finish this afternoon or not work at all, because it promised misfortune. Also at Michael’s it was customary to arrange the mundane braccini whole family, neighbors and friends gathered at the table and fraternized, asking each other’s forgiveness. There was a custom that before Michael had to quarrel on some petty issue, and already on 19 September to put up the table and to fraternize so as not to clash all year.
Signs for September 19
- Heat 19 September – autumn is warm.
- Frost on the trees at Michael’s in winter there is abundant snow.
- Foliage Sep 19, falling face-down – winter will be severe.
Mykhailove Chudo 2019: the meaning and traditions of the holiday
What not to do in the Michaelmas day miracle 2019
- The Archangel Michael is considered a fighter against heresy and evil, a strong defender of the faith. Therefore, this day must not quarrel. Must make peace with their friends and relatives.
- Desirable to wash my hair – can “wash the mind”.
- Also on 19 September, it was impossible to throw the remains off the table. It was thought that they should give to the needy.
September 19: the most important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1478 – Leonardo da Vinci completed the painting “Mona Lisa”.
- 1783 – at Versailles in the presence of the French king Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette, brothers Joseph and Etienne Montgolfier launched the balloon filled with hot air.
- 1841 – the first international railroad (Strasbourg-Basel).
- 1864 – USA patented folding seats in cars.
- 1888 in Belgium at Spa was the first ever beauty contest.
- 1891 – in Canada came the first Ukrainian settlers.
- 1928 – in new York premiere of the animated film “Just crazy”, which first appeared character Mickey mouse.
- 1985 – earthquake in Mexico city.
- 1992 – Sergei Bubka at the world Championships in athletics in Tokyo set a world record by jumping from sixth to a height of six meters 13 centimeters.
Who was born on the 19th of September
- 1551 – king of France, the last of the Valois dynasty, Henry III.
- 1858 – the Ukrainian writer Adrian Kaschenko.
- 1911 – English novelist William Golding.
- 1959 – the Ukrainian film and television actor, comedian Viktor Andriyenko.
- 1960 – Ukrainian writer, poet, essayist and public intellectual Oksana Zabuzhko.
- 1964 – American country singer, actress and writer Trisha Erwood.
- 1977 – Ukrainian gymnast, Olympic champion (2004) and silver medalist (2000), Valery Goncharov.
- 1990 – Ukrainian biathlete, Olympic champion Yulia Jim.
Earlier we told you about auspicious lunar days in September 2019. In addition, we wrote about the weekend days and holidays in September 2019 in Ukraine.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.