Learn about the most important holidays and events on September 24 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
On 24 September we celebrate the day of Fedora
Today, September 24, the 267th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 98 days. Birthday – Herman, Dmitry, Ia, Sergey and Feodor. In Guinea-Bissau celebrates independence Day in Trinidad and Tobago – Republic Day. Also every year on the 24th of September is the international day of the caravan (International Day of the caravan). This is the professional holiday caravansaray and other participants of the convoys and ship convoys, truck drivers, teams, merchant vessels and ships of escort.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday is celebrated by the Ukrainians on 24 September 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs on September 24.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
September 24: what holiday and how to spend the day
24 September in the national calendar – day of Fedora. The peasants in this day went in the field and checked how to germinate winter. Also Fedor people finally said goodbye to summer, could begin the first frost. Interesting custom 24 September was the cabbage party. People gathered together and prepared a variety of dishes from cabbage.
Signs on September 24
- Bees began to fly September 24 – the long fall.
- Cat hides his face, soon there will be frosts.
- Rain on a Fedora – for the cold winter.
September 24: important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1852 – engineer Henri Giraffe made the world’s first flight in an airship of his own design, which was a steam engine.
- 1869 – the U.S. market has experienced a panic due to the massive buying of gold bars, two businessmen (black Friday).
- 1960 – the US launched the world’s first nuclear aircraft carrier “enterprise”.
- 1989 – Pope John Paul II publicly apologized to Galilee and returned him to “the right to be the legitimate son of the Church”.
- 1995 – Ukraine has rejected the proposal of the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko on the establishment of the customs Union with Belarus and Russia.
- 1998 – in Paris, French doctors performed the world’s first transplantation of a human hand.
- 1999 – in London on Baker street opened a three-meter bronze monument to Sherlock Holmes.
- 2004 – during the presidential election campaign in Ukraine in Ivano-Frankivsk was made “egg attack” on Viktor Yanukovych.
Who was born on September 24
- 1501 – Italian physicist, mathematician, philosopher. The inventor of the gimbal mechanism Girolamo Cardano.
- 1739 – Russian statesman Grigory Potemkin.
- 1898 – the Australian physician who was the first to use penicillin for the treatment of a man, Howard Walter Florey.
- 1749 – the first mayor of Odessa, Russian Admiral Catalan origin — Joseph de Ribas.
- 1816 – Ukrainian teacher and cultural activist, biographer T. G. Shevchenko Michael Chaly.
- 1896 – American writer Francis Scott Fitzgerald.
- 1923 – poet, essayist, journalist Nicholas Podolyan.
- 1928 – the Ukrainian artist Mykola Storozhenko.
- 1952 – Ukrainian politician and statesman Yurii Bohutskyi.
- 1958 – American actor Kevin Sorbo.
- 1984 – Ukrainian athlete Lyudmila Iosipenko.
Earlier we told you about auspicious lunar days in September 2019. In addition, we wrote about the weekend days and holidays in September 2019 in Ukraine.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.