Learn about the most important holidays and events on September 30 in history
Edition Today Lifestyle
30 September – the feast of Faith, Hope and charity and their mother Sophia
Today, 30 September, 273 day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. Before the end of the year there are 92 days. Birthdays – Faith, Zenon (Zenon), Elijah, Love, Myron, Hope and Sophia. Orthodox Christians celebrate on 30 September, the feast of Faith, Hope and charity and their mother Sophia. International translation day, national libraries day in Ukraine – the Day of adoption, in Botswana – independence Day.
“Today,” write what Orthodox holiday, Ukrainians celebrate 30 Sep 2019. In addition, we tell about the most interesting and important events that happened in history on this day, as well as about the main signs on September 30.
Watch the video: weekend for 2019 in Ukraine and transferred as the working days
September 30: what a holiday today and cannot do
September 30 in the national calendar – the feast of Faith, Hope and charity and their mother Sophia. A lot of girls today celebrate their name day, after all the names used in the past very popular. This tradition became so widespread that on September 30 became known as “Indian birthday” and to congratulate all women. On this day it was the custom by which women need a good cry, telling all your troubles and misfortunes, and then start to cook holiday cakes.
Signs at 30 September
- The gloomy morning of 30 September in the next few days will be Sunny.
- On 30 September there is no rain – the winter will be warm.
- Today the cranes fly South – on the Cover will be cold.
September 30: the most important and interesting events in Ukraine and the world
- 1472 in Mainz by Johann Gutenberg printed the first book in Europe – the Bible.
- 1882 – in the American town of Appleton on the Fox river earned the world’s first hydroelectric power plant with a capacity of 12.5 kW.
- 1902 – patented artificial silk (viscose).
- 1929 – English service of the BBC had their first broadcast.
- 1933 – first Soviet stratosphere balloon “USSR” set a world record, reaching a height of 19 km.
- 1944 – based news Agency France-Presse, or AFP.
- 1954 – ended test the world’s first nuclear submarine “Nautilus” (USA).
- 1967 – the outer space held its first automatic docking of ships of the Soviet Kosmos-186 and Kosmos – 188.
Who was born September 30,
- 1841 – Ukrainian public and political figure, historian, essayist, literary critic, folklorist, economist and philosopher Mykhailo Drahomanov.
- 1891 – mathematician, astronomer, geophysicist, polar researcher, chief editor of the first Great Soviet encyclopedia Otto Schmidt.
- 1899 – Ukrainian poet, journalist, translator Andrey Panov.
- 1905 – British physicist, Nobel laureate Nevill Francis Mott.
- 1928 – Jewish, French and American writer, journalist, public figure. The Nobel peace prize laureate Elie Wiesel.
- 1951 – Australian microbiologist, Nobel prize in physiology or medicine Barry Marshall.
- 1964 – Italian actress and model Monica Bellucci.
- 1971 – Ukrainian public and political figure Dmytro Yarosh.
- 1980 is a Swiss tennis player Martina Hingis.
Earlier we told you about auspicious lunar days in September 2019. In addition, we wrote about the weekend days and holidays in September 2019 in Ukraine.
All the details in a special topic Autumn holidays 2019: seasonal calendar
Read the most important news in the Telegram, and also watch the interesting interview on our YouTube channel.